Campgrounds near / at Elkhart

beardedone

Beardedone
We are going to be in Elkhart in about 4 weeks and while there plan on touring the Heartland facilities. Are there any recommendations for camp ground not too far away from the plant?

thanks,

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Another vote for Elkhart CG from us. This is the most convenient to Heartland. Next time we go through the area we want to spend a day or three in Shipshewana at the RV park there.

beardedone

Beardedone
Well seeing how "all the good rv'ers stay there", I guess we will fit in as well. Looks like our destination and thank you all very much.

Jim, we stayed here and did mention your name and got a nice open spot where we could use our satallite. We also took your recommendation about the hotel when we had to leave our RV at the factory for repair. It was the Jameson, a really nice hotel, and they gave us the Heartland discount. Thanks for all your help.

Yes, stay at:

Elkhart Campground
25608 County Road 4 East
Elkhart, IN 46514
574-264-2914
http://www.elkhartcampground.com

Tell Gita Jim from Heartland sent you. Not sure that will get you anything though :)

Directions:
Use this link to get to the plant without the RV attached.
Use this link to get to the plant with the RV attached.

Jim

jbeletti

My pleasure Gary and Sandi. The Ramada also takes pets but is not as nice as the Jameson and I see the Ramada is being rebranded and remodeled. It needed it!Got my favorite eating joints in the area too - just ask :)Jim

jbeletti

We will be arriving about August 27th, just look for the black Dodge dually with Alberta plates

Gerry,

Saturday the 27th is one of 3 nights Heinnie's has prime rib. Try it :) Take SR 19 south, just past the tracks by Great Lakes RV. Then left on Lusher Avenue. It's down a half mile on the right.

Jim

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Trace, everything was done in Elkhart before the rally. We are going back to have the Level-Up installed.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Trace, everything was done in Elkhart before the rally. We are going back to have the Level-Up installed.

Good for you. I hope to get one some day. DW says not in the finance plan for a while. Oops, getting off topic. See ya, Trace

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It looks like, since the trailer is fixed, that we'll be keeping this one for awhile. We've got a few more things to do to it, but we're about there.

beardedone

Beardedone
Well Jay you should mention the Level-Up to Rose if we meet, however, for my own safety I will have to deny making this post, lol.

beardedone

Beardedone
Thanks for all the replies, just one small problem, I BROKE MY LEG! Can't believe it and of all things I did it on a golf course and I thought exercise was supposed to be good for you. I am going to do the trip next spring now.