m22 or m 232?

I was looking at getting either the m22 or m232 . I like the 22 cause of the slide, but I like the 232's bathroom. My TV is a 2010 Liberty with a tow rating of 5000 lbs. Any info you guys could give about these 2 models would be greatly appreciated.

Yellowreef

Between those choices the M22 would work better with your TV. The hitch weight is almost 100 lbs less even though the trailers weigh about the same. Since you have a shorter wheel base, the less hitch weight the better. At a 5000 lbs tow capacity you probably have 500 lb max hitch weight right? If so, I wouldnt push it with the 475lb weight of the 232 if you can go for the 390 lb weight on the 22. Youll probably need a WDH anyways but leave yourself room for variables, not wise to max out with an empty trailer.

Thank you, yes it is 500lbs. I was leaning towards the m22 cause of the slide. Your post made the choice a little easier, thanks again

Last edited:

camr

We have had our M22 for a little over a year. My favourite feature over the other models is the large slide that is long enough to sleep adults. My least favourite feature is the shower that is perfectly sized, if you are a smurf. It truly is a shower of last resort, but when I consider the big picture, we always camp where there are showers. The TV antenna performs poorly, but I think that is because it is omnidirectional, and aerodynamic. Our unit appears to be well built, with no major quality issues. However, I am reading far too many posts relating to delaminating, and it seems that Heartland couldn't properly put a tv cable connection on the end of a piece of coax if it's life depended on it. Go with the M22 for the large slide and extra space, and keep your eyes open for a convenient shower!!! Best of luck making your decision.
Cam

yeah the shower on the m22 is what I am concerned with. I guess I will have to see it in person before I decide. Thanks

Zeman

Yes the bathroom is the sore point of the M-22 design--it needs to be the M-24 for tub/bath combo fit. As camr said --all of our grounds so far have had shower access. The shower does in a pinch--all the while you bump the walls concerned about flooding the floor. Not to hijack the decision process here but while the talk is fresh----camr--- we had the same issue with our TV antenna. We wondered how an antenna could perform so poorly soon after our purchase. We could get absolutely nothing with it. It was put on the back burner until a couple of days ago---I took off the booster face plate under the sink and was going to check connections/direct connect the tv to the antenna,.....until my wife suggested switching the cables. Ta dah---zero channels to 8 in 1 minute!! Quality control at the factory?? Dealer prep?? My first TT--another thing learned.............

RonBB

"it seems that Heartland couldn't properly put a tv cable connection on the end of a piece of coax if it's life depended on it"
Totally Agree. But the dealer did fix it under warranty. You would think Heartland would get it fixed on the assembly line after all the dealer costs/repairs.