Recliners

Bob Vaughn

Has any one swapped their large heavy recliners for the lighter euro recliners? If so how are they working out ? How hard was it to find a set that would match the colors there? The stressless brand is way out of my price range....I bought a new car years ago for what they want for a pair of these....

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes - we swapped out the big recliners for the euro chairs. I bought our locally after measuring the back wall distance to the edge of the slide to find out what the maximun width of the chair could be. We did that 3 campers ago and still using the same pair with our new camper. The picture below is in the BC 3250.
DSCN1266.jpg

Bob Vaughn

Those look pretty awsome....do you remember what brand of chair they are ? My wife when looking at the photo said look they have the day-nite shades instead of the stupid venetian blinds that came in our 2011 BC 3250ts...

Nabo

The euro chairs we got from a local furniture wholesale store. The make is Lane which matched the southwestern theme cloth pattern in our 08 3250. When we ordered our new BC, we requested day/night shades instead of the plantation blinds that they are putting in the units now. It cost extra but I would rather have the shades than the blinds that are not anchored, flopping around as you travel (we always travel with the shades down).

jimtoo

We had the Euro's in our 5er,, and really liked the comfort of the chair. BUT,,,the foot stool is always in the way. It will not disappear like it does with a regular recliner. It is always in the middle of the floor and always in your way when you move around. And you will need to put it some place when you retract the slides.

Jim M

Nabo

Jimtoo - we just flip the stools into the chairs while traveling. E-Z as mud. The other advantage of the euro chairs is that they are lighter to move around than the factory recliners. DW just couldn't slide/move the recliners at all.

ncc1701e

We are much in the same boat as Jim. The stools are always in the way. The wife is looking for a more traditional recliner to replace the euro chairs that came in our Sundance.

Table Living Area.jpg

I too travel Table Living Area.jpgwith the stools in the chairs, but this will end when the wife finds a more traditional recliner with a fabric color she likes.

Nabo

Oh man ncc1701e, where did you get the table? Love it :) Can we see it up close at the TN rally?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We traided our chairs out for a couple of lazy boys. However if we ever to replace our Lazy Boys we would get the reclining love seat similar to what Ray put in his trailer. Each side has a recliner and in the middle it has a place for drinks. It is light also so it won't add much weight if any.

BC

ncc1701e

The table actually came from "Lowe's" and was only around $75. What we really liked was the table is just heavy enough to sit well without being easy to tip over and not so heavy as hard to move. The other neat thing is that it travels right next to the chairs with the slide pulled in with no problems. I'm sure the wife would love to show it off at Townsend (LOL).

SGeohagan

I bought the euro chairs for our previous 5er and kept them when I bought the Big Horn. Advantage for me is DH is 6'2" and I am 5'2". The recliners provided in the 5ers are just not big enough for him. Now we can both be comfortable. I found the Benchmaster chairs on line for about $350 each. I know you can find better, but I was experimenting to see if he was going to be comfortable.

BHEWITTJR

Our BH came with the Euro chairs, but after the first year we both agreeded that we miss the regular recliners. So the DW went to a local department store when they had a sale on Lazy Boys, and bought 2. Then we measured the sofa and found out it would fit across the back. The 2 new chairs sit in the slide next to the dinette so the tv is across from them. We put sliders under the sofa that made it easy to move.

Bob Vaughn

Our new recliners came in on Thursday and we went and got them today.....What a job to get the heavy ones out. When I tipped them up to get them out thru the door I dented the kitchen floor. The wood under the linoleum must be really soft. I had to have a friend help me get them out and into the house. What a miserable job.:)

GOTTOYS

I put a "lift kit" on my original recliners. Removed the base and cut 2 pcs. of 2x2 lumber to fit between the metal base and the chair. Drill 2 holes in each and bolt them on using longer than std. bolts. Raises the chair 1- 1/2" and now it's way easier to get out of with these old knees...Don

Last edited:

russonkka

We did definitely change to Euro chairs, absolutely the best thing we did, we can still tie them down but do have to wrap up the foot stools. We love them and so do all of our friends.

bacaye

Speaking of recliners. Have you or know anyone that has purchased the rings that go under the recliners? Do they really work when it comes to moving the chairs? They are now $26 a piece and $20 something for postal so really want to be sure before I purchase them. I hope someone can help because the recliners are such a pain to get in position before closing the slide. Barb

danemayer

Speaking of recliners. Have you or know anyone that has purchased the rings that go under the recliners? Do they really work when it comes to moving the chairs? They are now $26 a piece and $20 something for postal so really want to be sure before I purchase them. I hope someone can help because the recliners are such a pain to get in position before closing the slide. Barb
We have the Flair Discs and they do make it easier to move the recliners. Improvement: yes. Anti-gravity platform: no.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

You can make your own with furniture sliders and zip ties.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359608101.540248.jpg
This was posted by someone,

We used square sliders, and they work great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk