extra freezer

jblech1

We are very new at this RVing. Have a 2011 Eagle/Elkridge that we purchased new a year ago when the dealer was closing out 2011 models; eventhough we weren't planning to use it until this year. We are getting ready to take it to Canada and want to get some sort of extra freezer...any suggestions? Plan to put it in the front closet in the space where a W/D would go. Also, I a little worried about my 1/2-time oven...is it sufficent or should I consider an extra small microwave or toaster oven?

jimtoo

Hi jblech1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I have heard of several that put the small extra freezer in place of the washer, dryer. Our half time does a good job and very happy with it.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

robnmo

Not sure about an Elkridge we've got a Cyclone and purchased a 7 Cu Ft chest freezer and put in the garage, it doesn't interfere with bikes, or anything else. You might have to go a little smaller, but it sure is nice to have that extra freezer space for food storage. Good luck

CASwarts

We actually put our dining room table/chairs in storage and put a small freezer in their place! We rarely sat at the table to eat, anyway, and just use TV trays now if we decide we need something more than our laps!