Campground in Florida

mguzzie

My wife and I plan to spend the month of Feb 2012 in Florida. Does anyone know of a great campground on the west coast(Tampa area) they would recommend.

jimtoo

Hi mguzzie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

If you do a search on the forum you will find some that others use. I'm sure some of our family members will jump in with suggestions also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

DMitch

We stay 5-6 months in this park. It is a decent place with nice people. The most importasnt thing to us is the locastion. It is 1-2 miles from the ocean, many many golf courses, three good hospitals, airports are close and many other activities in the area. http://www.meetrobinhood.com/index.htm We enjoy it and will be returning in late October. Best of luck finding a place you will like.

One of our favorite campgrounds is Fort Desoto Park on the shores of Tampa Bay. It's in Pinellas County. There is great fishing and an old Spanish/American War era fort to tour. You also have great food nearby. Another choice would be Hillsborough River State Park. Have fun.

Fernandina Red