refer # RM3962 question

Bobby A

Well this has been the week from He** as some of you know from my threads, so hear is another issue I need advise on.

I had to turning the main breaker off several times yesterday while diagnosing the hot water tank issue. After completing that delimma, I turned the frige back on and on the digital read out it was flashing auto and then LP back and forth. I thought maybe bacuse I had to disconnect the LP to the water heater while changing the element could of been the cause. So I shut off the fridg for about 5 minutes and turned it back on and it stopped flashing and just gave me the temp as usual. I thought cool that was easy !! Well, not so much, the temp was ready 52 degrees at the time it was extremely hot yesterday so I bumped up the temp to #5 setting and it usually cools the fridg to the mid to lower 30's after several hours. Got up this morning and the temp is still reading 41 degrees on #5 setting. Something must be wrong cause its never done this before. I appreciate any input to help me get to the bottom of this, it still reading 41degrees and we are getting close to noon hour hear in MI. Thank you in advance

Bobby

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
In very hot weather, my fridge runs better on LP than on electricity. Try that and see if it has any affect. BTW, I do need to replace my battery. It will not hold a charge, so that may be related to the running on electric issue on mine.

bunnysue

Well this has been the week from He** as some of you know from my threads, so hear is another issue I need advise on.

I had to turning the main breaker off several times yesterday while diagnosing the hot water tank issue. After completing that delimma, I turned the frige back on and on the digital read out it was flashing auto and then LP back and forth. I thought maybe bacuse I had to disconnect the LP to the water heater while changing the element could of been the cause. So I shut off the fridg for about 5 minutes and turned it back on and it stopped flashing and just gave me the temp as usual. I thought cool that was easy !! Well, not so much, the temp was ready 52 degrees at the time it was extremely hot yesterday so I bumped up the temp to #5 setting and it usually cools the fridg to the mid to lower 30's after several hours. Got up this morning and the temp is still reading 41 degrees on #5 setting. Something must be wrong cause its never done this before. I appreciate any input to help me get to the bottom of this, it still reading 41degrees and we are getting close to noon hour hear in MI. Thank you in advance

Bobby

I have been having issues with my Dometic since day one. Ice maker did not work when I got it, started leaking water into drawer below. Finally icemaker & leak fixed but
continue to have problems with maintaining a low enough temperature to preserve food for any length of time.
I have always had mine set on "5". I ran mine on gas the other night, I had defrosted and it had been a couple of days with temp. was still in 40's, it did get the temp down to 36 so I switched back to electric and in another day & night finally down to 33 where I like to keep it.
I have called about this and they keep saying it is because of the extreme heat. (It did this before extreme heat wave)
I would really like someone to explain why running on gas would bring temp. down faster than elect? Also if it is being on gas that brings the temp down, why does the frig not stay cold on the road?
Bunnysue

Bobby A

In very hot weather, my fridge runs better on LP than on electricity. Try that and see if it has any affect. BTW, I do need to replace my battery. It will not hold a charge, so that may be related to the running on electric issue on mine.

Thats the first thing I thought of when the temps were not going down, so I switched it to propane for several hours and it did not make a difference so I switched back to electric. Its still not getting any cooler than 41 degrees. Something has to be wrong.

hoefler

Running on gas will create more heat on the system, which makes it circulate better/more. These units are no where close to what we have in our homes. Food need to be cold before placing in the refrigerator,high humidity and temps, frequent opening and closing, iced up or frosted up fins, etc.. all play a part in how well the system works.