Factory to dealer times

frano

We have a 2012 Edge M21 on order and I'm wondering how much time it usually takes between the completion of the unit and when it arrives at the dealer. My dealer has "confirmation" of our trailer, but I don't really understand what that means. Can anyone help--I'm getting anxious.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I know how hard it is to wait for a new coach to get home. We placed an order for a Big Country May 2 and was able to take posession June 8th. The way delivery works with our dealership was once our coach was about to come off the line, the factory contacted the dealership so that they could contact the delivery company to set up a driver to pick up the coach. It took about a week from the time our coach came off the line (on a Thursday) to delivery to the dealership (Wednesday). Timing might be different for you because of your location from the factory.

M

Mcreech

Can you tell me what dealer you bought this from. I can't provide any info without either the dealer or the unit number

wdk450

Some people have posted here that there is a nationwide shortage of trailer hauler drivers. Many can't hack the high fuel prices and small profit margins, many went out of business in the middle of the recession.
Mr. McCreech, it perplexes me that somehow rail delivery can't be used for RV transport, especially when there are specialty delivery companies in this very business. See:
http://rvbyrail.com/

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations - hoping camping is in your future soon.

frano

Turns out that the Statement of Origin build date was 7/14 and the dealer receipt date was 8/2--about 2 weeks.