Hi, Prospective Owner who needs advice.

Hi, my husband and I are just days away from buying a fifth wheel from another company and low and behold I have stumbled across a beautiful 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon. Does anyone else have this floor plan and if so are you happy with it. Are there any issues that you may have that I should be aware of. Heartland is a company that I'm not familiar with so if you can assure me that they are well built it will help in our decision. Thank you so much for all of your help.

jimtoo

Hi wyoyellgla,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Glad you found us. The Heartland units are among the best. Heartland is a younger company that has grown through quality and service. Heartland's Web site has all the floor plans and models listed in case you have not been there. If you have not seen one in person, you really need to find one in your area and visit.

You might call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030, they maybe could give you the location of a dealer that has one in stock. Also we may have a member in your area with one that would be willing to let you tour.

Jim M

aatauses

We have a bighorn, but I think you will be happy with the Landmark. Our experience with HL over the last 3 years has been exceptional. I have had a few issues with dealers (no matter what they sell), but HL has been great--you will not be sorry with their product or their service.
al

DougS

Doug S
Hi Prospective Owner, I have a 2011 Grand Canyon, and we love the floor plan, it works for us. If you have not personally seen one, you should before deciding on SOB. I was also told that last year, the Grand Canyon was the best selling floor plan of the Landwarks. We really like that the roadside wall, all comes out except for approximately one foot. The power rewind on the shore line is a delight. Check the docking station out. If you do a YOU TUBE search for Heartland RV Grand Canyon, I'm sure you will see many of the features. As for problems, we have not had any major problems on the Heartland side of the assembly and the few things were addressed properly by the dealer and Heartland. One further consideration, if the price is a question for you, I believe Heartland Big County and Big Horn have similar floor plans, some less features and therefore a lower price. The best feature we like is the full paint job. After almost 30 years of white RV's, it was nice to have a change. Good luck on your decision. Go on the Heartland factory site and read about the construction.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We do not have a Landmark but we do have a Heartland product (Big Country). I truthfully believe you would be hard pressed to find a company with better Customer Service. We are very pleased with both the company and the product.

Try to find a few to view in person! They seem to sell themselves.

Best Wishes in your Quest!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wyoyellgla, we have a 2011 Bighorn 3585. It is the same floor plan as the Grand Canyon, but less bling. This is our second Bighorn, loved the first one and love the second one.

Peace
Dave

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We own a 2005 (Classic) Landmark, Mt. Rushmore.We purchased the unit new in November of 2004.We have been very pleased with the quality and service we have received. Yes,we have had some problems but nothing major. We have been able to avoid some problems because of the maintance tips I have found on this forum.Some of the things that have gone wrong I have been able to repair myself again, because of the information I have found on this forum.I believe you will be happy with the quality and the service you will receive with the purchase and all the help and friendships you will find here on the forum.Hope this helps.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
wyoyellgla, We've had no regrets with our Heartland Bighorn. Texas is home to many Heartland product owners. The Grand Canyon is a nice layout. Good luck with your decision and we all hope to see you as Heartland owners very soon. There are 2 chapters of the Heartland Owners Club in TX. Many more Heartland owners make south TX their home for the winter.

bdb2047

We bought a Grand Canyon last Nov. and left for warmer weather in Dec.After 4 months continious use no major problems several minor issues that I was able to deal with.Took camper back to dealer for several items under warranty.Heartlands respose to 1 minor item was not what I expected,not good.After a couple of phone calls and dealer calling it was taken care of but caused camper to be at dealer a couple of weeks longer than necessary.But we are very happy with camper and have no regerts on purchase.

kiddruger

Prospective owner,
We've had our 2012 Grand Canyon for around 3 months now and most say we love the unit. We ordered ours and will say it came with many defects from the factory, mostly small things that have yet been address by the dealer, so be carefull with the dealers, check them out. Like others have said, the full body paint is awesome and will turn some heads. This is our 4th 5ver and the most expensive and it has the most issues which they all will. When you do a walk through make sure the camper is in a well lite area.

brianharrison

I own the Grand Canyon. Some of my reasons for choosing this floor plan:
  • The shortest of the Landmarks
  • The fridge is accesible when all the slides are in (similar in certain other LM),
  • Off-door hallway and grand staircase - gives larger entrance way area for shoes in the landing area (door hallways I was always stepping over shoes),
  • I love the grand staircase design, the step lights are a nice touch
  • Off door hallway gives ability to access control closet just as you come in the door.
  • off door slides (2) are almost full length of trailer
  • extra storage/pantry/closet in bedroom slide
  • computer table/fireplace/entertainment area is in slide with kitchen (no visual break so unit appears larger when extended)
  • Dining table is on door side with full window for viewing into the campground side,
  • Computer area is a full counter with small window for some natural light (not cubby hole),
  • Rear living has large back window with great natural light,
  • island has lots of storage and gives extra counter top space,
My choice for the landmark over other Heartland models or lines:
  • full body paint
  • Yeti package (insulated/traced water line, heater pads on tanks, foil insulation in caps)
  • laminated roof (available on BH as well)
  • G rated tires
  • 100 gal fresh water tank, 40 lb propane tanks, (we dry camp lots)
  • standard keyless entry, electric power cord reel, (some others I forget)
  • China toilet (not sure why this is important though as compared to porcelain :))
  • Personal preferences over finish touches vs other Heartland lines (I like bling),
  • My wallet appeared bigger than it really was....
These are some of my reasons for choosing the Landmark and specifically the GC. I encourage you to do your own research and see all the floorplans and Heartland models before you decide.

Heartland is a great consumer focused RV company - they are always improving to better the customer experience, in my opinion, as contrasted to a pure manufacturing company that some other RV companies operate under - ie build units without any concern for customer satisfaction.

Hope this helps,

Take care,
Brian

wdk450

Prospective Owner:
There are Heartland Owner's events in Texas in October 2011 and February 2012. Check them out on the Portal page.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Wyoyellgla- there's a Heartland Rally in Canton, Tx, October 7-9 if you are in the area. There will 20+ rigs there and I do not believe any of the owners will be bashful about the good or bad issues if you are interested. Jay Coffman (jayc)is the leader of our chapter and has all the info in the Heartland Club Owners section of the forum. Come see us.

Brandon.Prewitt

We went with the island kitchen in ours, not the "fish hook" bar design. I am glad we did. When I'm kicked back in my recliner that I swapped with love seat, she can still get by without me having to move.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We have plenty (10) of sites left for the rally in October, so come on down! Mill Creek is a beautiful park and we're going to have a great time, as usual!

mmomega

AnyTimer
We have the 2011 Landmark Key Largo and have LOVED this trailer. In it as I type this and we are on our way back to DFW after a 2 week trip to SC. We have had very minor problems and a majority have been poor dealer service. After a call to Heartland everything got straightened out and everything has been great. The Grand Canyon was on my want list until I stepped into the KL, my reason just being that I feel the KL had a more open feel. It has the island+ sink instead of the L shaped design which made me feel more confined while cooking. Also that ridiculously large shower is a godsend. I feel though that no matter which Heartland product you get, you will be extremely happy. We will also be at the Canton Rally in Oct. so if you're near by and haven't made a decision yet then feel free to stop by.