My New NorthTrail 28BRS

JeremyN

Hello All,

I am new to the forums here, so I am not sure if they have a particular site for people to post pics of their rigs. Does anyone know if they have a particular forum on here to show everyone our rigs? I think it would be a great place to see everyone's setups.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
JeremyN, I moved your post to a more relative area. You can post your pics in this thread, North Trail-Photos.
Looking forward to some pics.

Peace
Dave

JeremyN

Good Morning Everyone,

Just wanted to post a pic of my new trailer. This was just before a camping outing in June.

North Trail.jpg

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Hi Jeremy, looks great. I see it looks like you have a red cone thing for your tongue support, we have one also. Works great and looks cool too!

We didn't have it yet in my sig picture.

We are both towing with a black GMC...:cool:

JeremyN

Marge, I had to get the red cone for my trailer because the original jack they put on the trailer would not get the tongue high enough to hook it up. It does work really well though. When the dealer gave it to me, I thought it looked kinda cheap, but it does a really good job of holding the trailer up.

I have to say that I love my black GMC! :) It is a 2000 with 114,000 miles on it. It is starting to get rusty over the wheels in the back and of course on the bottom side of the cab, but that 5.3L motor just keeps chugging away! It has plenty of power to pull the trailer and it is a very comfortable ride. Plus, an even better thing is that it is paid off! :)

Do you have any special suspension upgrades on your truck? For this year, I went to a KYB shock all the way around on my truck. It is called their MonoMax shock that is built specifically for pulling/plowing applications. It is definitely a stiffer ride when I am not towing, but it seems to have helped a lot when I have the trailer hooked up. Other than that, I a am pretty much stock for suspension components.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Our truck, a 2010 1/2 ton 4x4, has the tow pkg. and the trailer haul mode, it is a 5.3L as well. It pulls our trailer really well. Glen even sorta got stuck, well he should have, in some mud and the truck pulled the trailer like it was nothing. We love GMC's, this is our third one.

I found our cone at the local RV place, repair and supplies, nice having an RV store near by. It beat the heck out of having to bring along some extra blocks of wood.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulation on a great looking combo. Enjoy and travel safely.