Where to Get TrailAir Tri-Glide???

kwb4444

I may get the TrailAir Tri-Glide for my 14,000 Cedar Creek fifth wheel, and Ford F350, to stop serious chucking problems. I have the basic TrailAir pin box, and I need to buy the lower jaw, the Tri-Glide. Where can I buy one? The only place I can find to buy the Tri-Glide is from Lippert Ind (who owns the TrailAir). It would cost $1300 or so. They aslo charge for shipping.

I know people on this forum have a tri-glide . . . . . where did you get them?

And, did they solve serious chucking problems??

thanks ken

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ken, have you called Lippert/Trail Air? When the TriGlide first hit the market they were selling just the lower jaw so current owners could up grade the standard trail air. You will need to know the length of your existing lower jaw. There are 2 lengths available. Try calling them.

kwb4444

Ken, have you called Lippert/Trail Air? When the TriGlide first hit the market they were selling just the lower jaw so current owners could up grade the standard trail air. You will need to know the length of your existing lower jaw. There are 2 lengths available. Try calling them.

Ray . . . . Yes, I talked with Lippert about the TriGlide. They will send me the triglide (lower jaw only) for $1300 or 1400. Shipping extra. Kind of expensive for a fix that I don't know will work. I have bad chucking problems w my 37 foot 14K 5th wheel. I was trying to find out if I can get the triglide somewhere else, and cheaper. During my search on this topic, I saw some of your posts on this same subject. As I remember the triglide helped smooth out your ride.

thanks ken

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray . . . . Yes, I talked with Lippert about the TriGlide. They will send me the triglide (lower jaw only) for $1300 or 1400. Shipping extra. Kind of expensive for a fix that I don't know will work. I have bad chucking problems w my 37 foot 14K 5th wheel. I was trying to find out if I can get the triglide somewhere else, and cheaper. During my search on this topic, I saw some of your posts on this same subject. As I remember the triglide helped smooth out your ride.

thanks ken
Ken, that price sounds very high. Check the link posted by wdk450 from Tweety's. The other option might be a mor-ryde pin box.

kwb4444

Apparently Lippert is the only company that sells the TrailAir Tri-Glide for the TrailAir 5th wheel inbox. They have a hold on the market. So I only have 2 options . . . . . 1. buy one and pay their price, or 2. go with something else.

I read that the mor/ride pin box does a good job reducing chucking.

thanks for your input. . . . . . .ken

convert

Reginald Hromek
RE; Trailair tri glide. I just installed the lower jaw tri glide last Nov. I bought it directly from Trailair for around $380. There are two jaw lengths which you will have to measure to get the right one. Maybe Lippert gave you the price for the whole unit?? You should only have to change the lower jaw. Mine works just great glad to have it on. It did solve the serious chucking that at times I thought would cause neck injury on some of the roads.

GOTTOYS

There are several online dealers that sell them. There maybe a member or two that has a used one for sale also. Just hang out awhile and someone may mention it here...Don

convert

Reginald Hromek
Correction on the price that I paid, just found the cc receipt. The price was $435 incl shipping on Nov 17 2010

kwb4444

Correction on the price that I paid, just found the cc receipt. The price was $435 incl shipping on Nov 17 2010

Reg . . . . .Okay . . . good news. thanks for the tip. On Tues, I will call the TrailAir people again, and I will contact the dealer.

ken

bill40

We got ours from Tweety's and at that time the shipping was free. make sure to give whomever the correct weights of your rig there are also different size air bags just in case you need the complete unit. Yes it did really improve the chucking to the point we don't notice it. It really helped my wife with her bad back.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
If you are still looking I recommend switching to MorRyde. We switched 3 yrs ago and chucking is almost a non issue.
Regards
Wayne