How to winterize M17

dojo

My new M17 has the winterize kit installed from factory. Would appreciate photos and directions on how to use properly. Also how to clean awning. Thanks.

brianharrison

Getting a jump on things? Most of the country is melting from the heat and you're thinking about winterizing....:cool: Can't help with specifics however there should be some literature in your owners package that would provide some direction for winterizing your M17. Or other owners of similar units will chime in here.

For cleaning the awning, once a year I usually just use water with a capful of bleach and RV brush (extendable handle, soft bristles) to help clear dirt/mildew from previous years storage. If it is a manual awining I unclip the angle arms from the bottom of the trailer and let them slide under the trailer to lower the top and get at the topside of the awning.

I attempt to make sure the awning is never left rolled up when it is wet - ie if it is wet when I leave the campground, I'll roll it out once at home or next stop to let dry. I have been known to roll in the awning the night before so as to keep it dry from the night dew or rain.

There are awning cleaning products sold at hardware/RV stores that you can buy, I have not used them; others may have and they can share their experiences.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
Brian