Slide out swtich

busted2341

I have a problem with my slide switch I hope there is a fix for. The dealer can't seem to fix it. I have returned to the dealer twice for the slide switch not working. There are no fuses or breakers blown and the switch works fine for a couple of times then quits. I pulled the switch and all looks ok, no burned wires and switch is clean. My remote remains the only way to open the slides. Has this happened to anyone else out there or do any of you tinkers know of a fix.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have a problem with my slide switch I hope there is a fix for. The dealer can't seem to fix it. I have returned to the dealer twice for the slide switch not working. There are no fuses or breakers blown and the switch works fine for a couple of times then quits. I pulled the switch and all looks ok, no burned wires and switch is clean. My remote remains the only way to open the slides. Has this happened to anyone else out there or do any of you tinkers know of a fix.

Sounds like either a loose wire someplace or a defective switch. Has it been replaced or did it work when the dealer tried it?

davidg

If you have a switch in the compartment where the hyd system is located you can try that one and see if it works, if that one works then you will know it's the inside switch/wires, if it doesn't work you will have to look further, like hook the hyd mtr directly to the battery and see what this does.
David

DougS

Doug S
I have found many electrical problems to be just a loose ground. I think I would start by checking for a loose wire on your grounding strip. Defective switch would be my second action.

busted2341

Thanx...will be trying all those. I forgot about the switch in the Hyd area. Will that first. And yes each time the dealer "fixed" it worked for a couple of trips then as your opening it will slow to a stop. Will keep all up on the progress when I try this afternoon....

jimtoo

I'm just thinking outloud here,,, but if the remote always works, ( I assume it is wireless) then it must control a relay or relays on a circuit board someplace. (I don't think it would be hooked up to where both remote and manual switch could be used at the same time) I am wondering if the relay may not be returning to the manual switch side to complete the connection for the manual switch. Like I said ,, I am thinking outloud here,,since the switch has already been replaced, there must be a control board or something someplace that has not been checked.

Jim M