Aren't we funny

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just a thought...

When our grandparents and great grandparents were young they lived in mostly rural areas without indoor plumbing and many had no electricity. Water was pumped manually. Cooking was done over an open pit or a wood stove. They worked hard and scrimped and saved and finally were able to finally get a real home with indoor plumbing, electric lights, an 'ice box", and the other luxuries we take for granted today. So what do we do today? We buy a 'camper' drive to the woods, cook over an open pit or a wood stove, sit outside around a campfire without air-conditioning and think it is great. I was always told life is a full circle. Guess it really is true. By the way, I love sitting around the campfire too but sure enjoy the air-conditioning on those hot hot days and nights. I really do not enjoy sleeping on the ground in the open either. Give me my air-conditioned, king size bed, 46 inch HD TV Landmark any old day to go 'camping' in. Have fun and travel safe.:cool:

rustyshakelford

When my friends go camping and have to sleep on the ground it makes me love the cyclone even more! We were at inks lake sp and it had to be in the high 80s at night. You could tell everyone was sweating like crazy all night...well almost everyone! We had the a/c set to 68 and slept like a baby! I don't know why more people don't get rv's!Brett

brianharrison

Just a thought...
By the way, I love sitting around the campfire too but sure enjoy the air-conditioning on those hot hot days and nights. I really do not enjoy sleeping on the ground in the open either. Give me my air-conditioned, king size bed, 46 inch HD TV Landmark any old day to go 'camping' in. Have fun and travel safe.:cool:

I agree totally - I used to call it "Glamorous Camping" or Glamping. When people asked, I would say I don't camp - I Glamp. I'm a Glamper.

Since I have bought the Landmark I have upgraded my experiences to Decadent Glamorous Camping. I am now a De-Glamper. :cool:

Take care,
Brian

ditkitty

My husband asked me once why we don't tent camp any more......it is because I have reached the age where I get up several times during the night and I do NOT want to get dressed to go pee!!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My husband asked me once why we don't tent camp any more......it is because I have reached the age where I get up several times during the night and I do NOT want to get dressed to go pee!!!

Tell him if he wants to tent camp you will be happy to set up a tent by the Road Warrior that he can stay in. LOL

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Tell him if he wants to tent camp you will be happy to set up a tent by the Road Warrior that he can stay in. LOL

I spent 23 years sleeping on the ground, in tents and such. I lived in a tent for 14 months straight 2004-2005.....I've paid my dues and so has my back LOL!

traveler44

Been to that outhouse when I was a kid. Now they have nice ones in parks with running water and everything. LOL Tom M.

kb0zke

Yes, we both remember outhouses! We've done our share of tent camping, sleeping on air mattresses that go flat during the night. Then we moved up to a bigger tent that allowed us to sleep on cots. Now we've moved up again, to our mpg. Much nicer! Yes, having indoor plumbing and a/c is also good. We're enjoying doing the research for our FT rig.