Verizon 4G LTE New Markets, Launching on August 18

3Gstore

Who's ready for some new 4G LTE markets launching in the near future!

Last week Verizon Wireless launched 4G LTE in 28 new markets and they're already announcing new launch markets set to go live on August 18th. The list below has been compiled by Droid Life and isn't official yet, but indicated by a variety of sources. Verizon's 4G LTE network is designed to deliver between 5-12Mbps down and 2-5Mbps up.

New Verizon 4G LTE Markets:

• Council Bluffs, IA
  • Ithaca, NY
  • Syracuse, NY
  • Albany, NY
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Provo/Orem, UT
  • Salinas and Monterey, CA
  • Bakersfield, CA
  • Omaha, NE
  • Altoona, PA
  • Johnstown, PA

Existing Verizon 4G LTE Markets Expanding Coverage:

• Cincinnati, OH
  • Columbus, OH
  • Rockland County, NY (Nyack, West Nyack, Orangeburg, Pearl River, & Spring Valley)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Glad to see the market expanding for the 4G. Ours kick in the Knoxville area last week. Sure is nice on the MiFi.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
At home, Flint, MI, was upgraded to 4G recently. Here at the CG, it's still 3G, but it's working fine now. The problems I reported on earlier seem to have disappeared. I can turn it on and off without having to go down the road and drag the "beam" back. Right now, it's showing four bars. So I think I'll pass for now on getting an external antenna.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Well, around DFW area I am getting "4G" speeds right at 20-22Mbps down and 2-3Mbps up.

We went on a trip from TX to SC and each camp we stayed at, from MS to TN to GA, had decent signal; none were 4G coverage but the 3G over the new MiFi LTE device surprised me.
There were a handful of times when it was slow but we were right on the edge of 3g coverage and it was still faster than dialup :)

In a way I am actually somewhat glad that 4G isn't everywhere I go. I consider myself a "power user" online and if I had the speed I do at home, I would chew through that 5G cap in a day or two.

3Gstore

Glad to hear you guys are finding some 4G on your travels. If Verizon keeps up with this pace you'll soon be complaining when you hit a 3G area!

3Gstore

Update:

The following cities will be going live tomorrow with 4G LTE!

Tucson, Ariz.; Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers, Ark.; Bakersfield and Salinas/Monterey/Seaside, Calif.; Fort Collins, Colo.; Frederick, Md.; Worcester, Mass.; Omaha, Neb./Council Bluffs, Iowa; Albany, Ithaca and Syracuse, N.Y.; Altoona and Johnstown, Pa.; Memphis, Tenn.; and Provo, Utah. The company is also expanding its 4G LTE network on Thursday in Washington, D.C.; Tampa, Fla.; Atlanta, Ga.; Baltimore, Md.; Boston, Mass.; Lansing, Mich.; New York, N.Y.; Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio; and Salt Lake City-Ogden, Utah.

You can check out all the details here - Thursday , Verizon Wireless is Turning on 15 LTE 4G Markets and Expands Coverage in 10 Cities