Supersprings

Does anyone have Supersprings on their tow vechicle? I had a pair installed on my 2010 Ford F-250 Diesel a few months ago and am very pleased with the extra support they give while I am towing my Cyclone 3010. When I am not towing,every bump causes a noise in the rear. I can find no clearance issues and have talked to the rep from Supersprings and tightened them one notch. I am happy with the towing performance,but the unloaded noise is unwelcome. Anyone have a similar experience?

jimtoo

Hi redharley69,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I don't have the Supersprings, but if you look at the way they mount, they are probably hitting on the ends and causing the noise when you hit the bumps.

Jim M

jnbhobe

Since they are like helper springs they will rattle when unloaded and the clearance is close to the stops. In my opinion air bags work a lot better.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nope, I've got a GMC and it don't need any aftermarket junk.:D My BiL bought a new F-250, thinking he had a "tough" truck. Tough my arse, with a 5.4l gasser in it, he barely gets 8.5 mpg towing his 8000 lb. old Golden Falcon. Not towing, he gets maybe 14 mpg. I pulled his rig 300 miles and averaged almost 13 mpg. I get over 10 mpg pulling my 14500 lb (loaded) rig. All I've added is a set of Timbrens and a bigger fuel tank.

Bobby A

Does anyone have Supersprings on their tow vechicle? I had a pair installed on my 2010 Ford F-250 Diesel a few months ago and am very pleased with the extra support they give while I am towing my Cyclone 3010. When I am not towing,every bump causes a noise in the rear. I can find no clearance issues and have talked to the rep from Supersprings and tightened them one notch. I am happy with the towing performance,but the unloaded noise is unwelcome. Anyone have a similar experience?

I had supersprings installed at Dually Depot in Elkhart a couple years back, the owner told me he sells both supersprings and air bags, he said most of the transporters are going with supersprings over air bags, so thats what I got. The owner told me if I didn't like them I could return them and get my money back, so I couldn't beat that. I have been happy with them for the most part, while pulling they are great, but unloaded I do think it made the ride of my truck more harsh, even at the lower setting. I do get a rattle of sorts, I think its the rollers on the supersprings, I have shot so oil, or sylicone on both ends on the rollers and that does quiet it down for a while until the greese wheres off.