Bedspread is shredding

Paul_W

The bedspread on our new 2012 Sundance 285BH tears everytime we move it or touch the top of it. Absolutely awful quality! I don't think I will ask for a replacement if the quality isn't any better than the original. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

dieselsweetheart

Hated the bedspread right away...replaced it with one I liked. The bedspread will be ready to go back on the bed when we trade our BH in.

bacaye

I have to agree with taking it off and storing until later. I have used quilts with matching shams in all our campers. When we traded them in i put the originals back on and everything looked new.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Went to Bed Bath & Beyond to get a light weight quilt and put the factory stuff in a big zip bag. We have done this the last couple of coaches that we traded, just pull the factory stuff back out of the bag and put on the coach before trading. Never understood why the factory puts the coverlets on except for looks.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
LOL! it was literally the first thing Stacy did when we got home with the new Sundance - Get rid of that factory display cover.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We've done the same as above, for both our HL products. I think the ones that come with the rig are "for display purposes", and not really made for continued use. We bought a bed-in-a-bag set at Bed Bath and Beyond, including sheets, that goes really well with the existing decor. I kept the pillows that came with the HL in the loveseat drawer for guests. (If we ever have any).

E

dalspot

Same here - got rid of that ugly gray bedspread in the 2012 Sundance ASAP. Tho the crappy pillows that came with the unit did make nice fillers for the pillow shams I got with the bedding set :). We didn't notice any problem with tears in the original tho, and it hung in the closet for about a month before we banished it to the basement in the house.

Karen

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Ha, first thing we did get rid of that bed spread and the matching curtain. Who thinks baby poop is a good color choice for anything. Seriously who?!

We got a really nice quilt and pillow shams w/ extra fancy schmancy pillows at J.C Penny's. I've also put a new curtain up, ended up getting a nice cloth shower curtain so I could use the same little metal hooks the original curtain was hung up with.

Plus it feels more like your own when you make a few changes in the decor. I also changed the center material on all the valances, and the top of the dinette booth seats. It's amazing what you can accomplish with some nice fabric and a staple gun.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Like many others, we removed the bed linens and window treatments before using the rig for the first time. We carry two quilts for different condition. One is light weight and the other is a bit heavier and Lin made some drapes from some material we bought. We saved the factory supplied linens and window treatments in case we decide to sell the rig one day.

Birchwood

Some of the items in your RV are just selling features and are not met for use.From the bed spread
to the furniture it all has to be replaced after a year or two.Its like a stage setup to impress but you
can't actually use these items.

Paul_W

Well this is a bit disappointing. Our previous Keystone bed coverings wore like iron. I can't help wondering what other things in this coach are a "stage setup".

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
My original bedspread said "Dry Clean" on the tag. Seriously? in an RV? It was removed promptly and packed away. It also kept sliding off the bed. Got a nice, machine washable coverlet set with shams at Big Lots for $20.

PS: my chairs and furniture have been sat on and used for over 3 years. Nothing's broken, torn or damaged and they still look nice. And yes, we do use it a lot. We don't however, live in it full time. In our house, where we do live full time, I have replaced my living room furniture 3 times in 10 years. It would have lasted longer if I hadn't had kids. :)

bacaye

I can say in the 2011 Big Country I love my little curtains by the table and chairs plus in the living room area but I would love the bedroom curtains if they had stayed with the same material as the other curtains. I do not mind the brown color because it matches the quilt but they do not hang as nice as I would like.. I just wish I could find a rug that fit in front of the shower and still let me put one around the stool...I am still thinking on that one!!!