Model 3670 Fridge and Stove slideout

I have this question for those owners of the BH 3670 model. The kitchen slideout on mine appears to be off a bit in that the bottom portion when extended goes out a few inches more than the top portion. You can see this when you are outside looking at all 3 slideouts on the same side. I am raising this issue because this is the slide that carries the refrigerator which must be levelled in order to function properly, otherwise problems will surface later. If the slideout is not properly balance and needs an adjustment, is there a way that I can fix it myself? I would rather do it myself since I do not have the truck to pull it yet. Thank you in advance!

Santiago

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Santiago,
Last year at the Rally (2206) a Dometic representative was there and informed us that the newer refers these days do not need to be as leveled as the old units. This question was brought up by another attendee and I for one a was glad it did come up. I too was under the assumption that it needed to be as level as possible. I'm sure there will be others to weigh in on this but that is what I have to offer. I will try to remember to bring it up again this year at the Rally.

As for your adjustment, I believe someone before me has provided a link to Lippert components. I'm sure you will find what you need to make the adjustment.

Good luck,

Mark

phranc

I seem to remember what jimmyt5 said ,, Something like 3 deg out of level..
We travel with reefer on and it's never level then..
Regarding slide position . How is the trim on the inside of slide ? Is it flush with wall ? When extended ,that is..That will also help you to determine slide function..

Thank you for the link RV-Ramblers, I find it helpful to understand the mechanism.

The reason why I raise the issue of the slideout with the fridge is because the water resulting from condensation in the fridge freezes in the exit container when it should exit outside through the exterior hose. This happens despite the fact the setting for cooling on the fridge is set at 2 (five settings, 1 being cool and 5 being the coldest temperature). Before inquiring about replacing the thermostat it may be that this problem is caused by the slideout not being in proper position.

I am including a picture of the floor next to the slideout on the fridge side. You can see that there is a plastic moulding around the cushion floor. To me this should be not visible if the slide is in proper position. The slideout frame at the floor level is at one inch from the wall whereas at the ceiling level the slideout frame is at two inches from the wall. Obviously, the slide in my opinion is not levelled.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
El Santiago

Not sure if this has anything to do with your reefer problem, but at last year's rally, the Dometic rep stated that we should make sure that the hose running through the vent should be fully extended (pull gently - there was about an additional 4-6" that was looped within the vent).

This will ensure that the water completely drains from your unit.

Jimmyt5

You have a slide on the fins that is about 3 or 4 from the right,by moving this up and down it will make it colder or warmer.....

Thank you CDB, there was indeed a good 6 to 8 inches of hose rolled inside the grill on the exterior wall.

Jimmy, I have a 12 cu. ft fridge and inside the fins are located on the back wall. On the first fin on the far right there is a white wired slide that you can bring up or down. Was there any reference in the operation manual about this? If so, I need to buy new glasses since I never saw any mention of this.

Jimmyt5

I have not seen anything on this but was told about it from a dealer, then I did some snoping on it and found it on some web sight.
The info I had was put it 3 or 4 fins in and up about 11/2 or 2. This far as I can tell is the sending unit to the controls. This capillary tube is the sensor from a thermostat and resembles a wire.
You can move it and always put it back...Maybe someone else on here can be of more help.....
This is the best info I have Good luck

Jimmyt5

Found this at a web sight

ALL the cooling in the Fridge is provided by the cooling fins. It is possible you have a faulty Thermistor (like a thermostat) or it could be positioned incorrectly. The thermistor is clipped to one of the cooling fins. On mine it is on the 10th fin from the right and about 1" down from the top of the fin

Jim

Thank you Jimmy for the info. I moved the slide to the middle and combined with the exterior hose which has been stretched out to the max, there is no more freezing built up.

Now my only concern is the slideout adjustment. I will bring it to the dealer for service.