No furnace!!!

kiddruger

Looking for ideas on what to check or look for. We now have air ( thank god ), but no heat. Looks like the dealer has no interest to service what they sell, so we're in the process of finding someone who will help us out with our warr. issues. Our problem ended up being a bad crimp on the t-stat end, but now when we cycle through the modes on the comfort control system it goes like this, cool-fan-off back to cool-fan-off, no furnace. The switch for the furnace(#8) on the mother board of the a/c is on. Dometic has been no help at all.:(

Rrloren

If the unit is still under warranty and the Dealer won't help I would call Heartland!
I'm sure others will offer help as to what to look for on your furnace but sounds like your Dealer is defective also.

kiddruger

Heartland is telling us that all their dealers are independent and they can't force them to do anything. Dealers come first to them not customers. We love our 2012 Landmark Grand Canyon, just wish we could get things fixed, like this t-stat problem. At least we can get enough heat from the fireplace to take some chill off.

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That does not sound like a typical Heartland response. Call and ask them to direct you to a different dealer in your area that will help with warranty issues.
As far as your AC fix goes, I have never seen a crimp at the t-stat end. Is that what your dealer told you they found? Maybe the t-stat is not wired correctly and it does not see a furnace.
Just a couple of thoughts.

Peace
Dave

kiddruger

Dave,
Went to another dealer last night that Heartland sent us to and they are no longer a dealer because of issues with the dealer we're dealing with. We've had many e-mails with Heartland along with a long tele call and I got the impression they don't want to get stuck in the middle. This t-stat is something new that uses a communication cable not the old 3 wired system. Everything worked for the first 2 weeks and then it went dead. Thats what the service tech at the dealers told us after they had it for 2 wks, that it was a bad crimp on the t-stat end of the wire. Doesn't awnser why the furnace mode doesn't work.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
More thoughts here. If everything worked at one time, maybe when it was repaired some wires got crossed. You might want to check the end plugs on the cable.
Not sure if you have RJ45 data cable or RJ11 phone cable. I have attached a pin out diagram for each.

First pic is RJ11, second is RJ45.
images

images

kiddruger

Dave,
Don't know if I found the problem, they cut the wire( RJ11 ) so short it might've pulled some of the wires off the back board of the t-stst. All the wires are pulled off now and don't know if they can be soldered back on, don't look good. Just talked to a local rv dealer and they will do Dometic warr. work. Don't know if this will be covered as I finished breakinr the wire off. I buy a coupler and add some RJ11 so this can't happen again. Thanks for your help and will let ya know if thats what the furnace issue was.
Tim