Refrigerator 12V fuse keeps blowing

ken.webb

Every time I move to a new location, the 15A fuse for my refrigerator pops and it quits. I have run diagnostics on the refrigerator, checked the wiring outside, and even turned off the refrigerator before moving and it still pops the fuse. I don't know what else may be on the same circuit. For the first 6 months I had my unit it worked fine. This started after I had it stored in my shop for 3 months. I am on the road for the summer and everywhere I go, the service centers are too busy to see me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2011 Bighorn 3185
Dometic RM3962

DougS

Doug S
I had the same problem on my Landmark, similar floor plan as yours. Check the wire at the rear corner closest to the rear under the wall. As the wall cames in, the wire was squeezed and broke the insulation shorting the wires. While on the road, I split the wires and taped them. I had gone through about 15 fuses before I found the problem. The dealer relocated the wire so it did not squeeze the wire when it came in. Has worked great since. Good luck.

Willym

I agree with Doug, see my post on this old thread

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...erator-Problem?p=179529&highlight=#post179529

ken.webb

Thanks for the comments. I see where the problems come from now. I ended up taking it in to a Heartland dealer for warranty repair when I got back from my trip to Oregon and they kept it for two months before they got around to fixing it and a couple of other minor problems. Now wintering in the Rio Grande Valley and everything is fine.