Could Not Wait Any Longer

RickNB

The weather finaly turned a little warmer here last Thursday and Friday morning the sun was shining and it was 60 deg . Got a real bad itch so proceeded to take the snow blower and remove the drift of snow still in front of the Sundance and within an hour the rig was in the driveway being loaded for its first tripNone. Got all loaded up and pulled out heading for our land about 50 miles north wow does that Durmax ever like to pull . Got to the dirt road that goes to our land and its still mud and snow and decided we didnt want to get the new Sundance and the Chevy dirty so ended up parking in my cousins yard for the weekend the back end of the rig over a snow drift but we were camping. Had agreat time and got to find all the new spaces and things in the rig. Returned home Sunday afternoon and when parking in the back yard found that the snow had all melted But...... the ground had also become a lot softer ahhh but the Chevy and the Durmax in 4 wheel drive handled the challenge and put the Kid in her place even if the wheels were sinking down about 4 inches. All in all a pretty good trip for the first one of the season.None

Moral of the story is when you get the camping fever nothing going to stop ya.

Have fun
Rick

ChopperBill

Got to envy you! We drove up to Wycolo WY. last weekend on a "dry run" Had to be 5 feet of snow in the trees! Stopped at the watering hole and found out they have put in a few camping spots. Not as nice as getting back to nature but sure would be great for a get away!

JJAK17

We have the itch also. I will pick mine up from the dealer (warranty work) tomorrow. OUr first trip will be Mothers day weekend. This will be the maiden voyage for our new Sundance. We cant wait!!!!

madigand

Just remember that the worst day of camping is always better than a day work. When I was working we left it was raining cats and dogs for the whole weekend. We were drenched, and muddy but still had a great time Camping. Some people that were in tents climbed in our pop-up to get out of the water. We still talk about that trip

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
On the wet coast of Canada we have 12c (56f) today and RAIN (self shoveling snow) Maybe sunshine tommorrrow. The tu;ips are finishing and the Azalia and rodo's are starting. Spring has sprung!!!