Vents pre-wired for AC?

soilmovers

The 2011 Bighorn 3800DB has a ceiling vent in the rear bedroom. Are the bedroom vents pre-wired for an AC unit?

thanks

Coyote

If you want to make sure just take the vent trim off. You'll probably find two different sets of wires, one for the A/C (110Volt) and a set for 12 volt. We installed a Fantastic Vent Fan (12 Volt) and was really surprised at the amount of air it moved through our unit.

Northern Virginia
Man, you're good. I spent about two hours just removing the old vent caulking. ANd then an hour trip to Lowes to get 5/16 threaded rod 'cause the stock bolts were too short for the deep Heartland ceiling.

John

soilmovers

If you want to make sure just take the vent trim off. You'll probably find two different sets of wires, one for the A/C (110Volt) and a set for 12 volt. We installed a Fantastic Vent Fan (12 Volt) and was really surprised at the amount of air it moved through our unit.

Actually, we are looking at buying this (new) unit and asked about a 3d AC installed in the second bedroom. They "think" it is not pre-wired and would cost $2000 to install the ceiling unit. Talk about a deal breaker...........

Northern Virginia
I didn't realize you were talking about the second bedroom (duh). I just looked up the 2011 Bighorn 3800DB. The if it has the prewire, it would definitely be labeled in the panel box.

John