rv parks around Pigeon Forge Tn.

StevenJ

Does anyone have a recommendations for camping in the area around Pigeon Forge Tn., We are planning to stay there in late Aug., Or does anyone have a RV park they wouldn't stay in. We have a Bighorn, 3600RL, fifth wheel. 4 slides. I'm hearing the campsites are small and some you can't even get your awning out. It's been 20 years since we stayed there last.:eek:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
YES! Stay at River Plantation...great park, management and the sites are easily accessible and big enough..we we're just there in late May or early June...time really runs together when you get old...LOL!

By the way we have the same rig....:)

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Heres another vote for River Plantation. We stayed there a few years ago for a big rally and had a ball! Nice park and easy to get into and out of.

GETnBYE

We also like River Plantation, has a great pool, great for kids also.
We also found a new park we like, great sites and nice owners. It is much smaller but we like it a lot. It has no pool or things for kids to do, a very different type of park. It is www.upthecreekrvcamp.com/index.html If you pick up the creek, don't use the gps to get there, be sure to use the directions on their website or you will have a wicked u-turn to make.
*Let me change that to a wicked U-turn that you won't be able to make. You just go a block or so out of the way by using their directions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rrloren

Just returned from several days at River Plantation. Nice park, easy in and out with good size sites.
Only complaint is wifi not working! They tell you it's been on the fritz for over a month???? Can't believe they let their provider get away without fixing it, right now.
In the evening trying to drive into Pigeon Forge is tough with the summer vacation crowd.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
River Plantation is the e-zest to get in and out of on and that usually where we stay. There are plenty of campgrounds down Wears Valley Rd like Clabough's cg, Eagles Nest cg and Holly Haven. We don't like to stay at these cuz there's a lot of traffic leaving on Sundays so you sit at alot of stoplights trying to get out. A new one that has opened up recently is Pine Mountain RV Park but again you will have to fight alot of traffic/stoplights getting to & from there (but it's all asphalt sites). It's kind of in the middle part of PF.
The cg closest to the interstate is Riverside but I would not recommend it at all. It has nice sites but they only have well water which has a tendency to turn red late in the season.
The one I would definately not use even tho it's a nice cg but very difficult getting out of is Ripplin Waters on Hwy 66. This is on the main road going to / from Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area and is very, very busy, plus the state is widening the highway adding to the problem.
PM us if you want more info.

StevenJ

Looks like Plantation is the place to go, but what about riding the trolleys, does it come to the Plantation. Thanks everyone for responding.:eek:

GETnBYE

Looks like Plantation is the place to go, but what about riding the trolleys, does it come to the Plantation. Thanks everyone for responding.:eek:

I am sure it will tell on the website about the trolley. Best I can remember it did not, that could have changed since I have been there.
Have fun.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
No - the trolley does not come down into the park but is on the main road about a couple of blocks. Not far.

jpajax

Have stayed several times at a rather small camp ground called Creek Side not hard to get to close to every thing but not right in all the hustle and bushel.

StevenJ

Creekside looked nice on the internet, do you recommend any certain campsites, I would like to camp by the creek

Delaine and Lindy

We had our International Suites rally at River Plantation and well over a 100 Suites there. RV4Less was the rally sponsor, did a great job. For those who know Butch and Karen. Say a prayer for Butch, he is going thru a tought time. Have fun in the Mountains.. Happy Trails....

P.S. Highly recomend River Plantation....

gpshemi

River's Plantation IS great, but it's not in PF (nor Gatlinburg either). It's in Sevierville. A little out of the way, but not bad. We've stayed there several times. We now stay at a place that's nicer and in the heart of it all. It's a block or so over from the main drag at light #6, and it's called Pine Mountain. It's a newer RV resort type place with all paved sites and full hook ups. Check it out...

http://www.pinemountainrvpark.com/