Heading to Alaska...

dieselsweetheart

but not in our RVs... some of you will remember that last year Jim and I were scheduled to go to AK on a cruisetour with his sister and brother-in-law...and as Murphy's law and bad luck would have it....I had to cancel that trip. Well, the trip is on again and this year we are booked with Dave and Nona (Truknutt and Mrs T) and we leave town on Thursday! We fly out to Seattle, then have the day there until we take an Amtrak into Vancouver for an overnight...then board the ship on Friday morning. The cruise is 7 days, and then the land tour begins (5 days)... we are staying over an extra 2 days after that to enjoy some sightseeing, with a trip to the Boeing factory in Everett WA.

We have been counting down the days and to say that "we leave this week" is now very exciting for us. This will be Jim's first cruise and my second. Dave and Nona have lots of cruises under their belt. We're going to have a great time!

and... BTW....Jim and I will be celebrating 9 years of marriage this coming Wednesday (3rd).

9 long years. (couldn't resist!)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Ya'll have a great trip. We are looking at doing the same thing next year for our 40th anniversary. Our thinking was flying to AK first, do the 5 days plus a couple of extra and then cruise back. HAVE FUN!!!

davebennington

If I was still working and had limited time and still wanted to experience Alaska I think I would cruise to Seward and take the train to Fairbanks. The train goes through some of the most beautiful country that Alaska has to offer.

Dave