Basement storage on my '08 3400RE BH

wingfoot

Hope this is the correct area to post this question.

I just purchased a '08 3400LE. I've never had a 5r with so much basement storage. But, I'm not sure on how to utilize it. I looks like I'm going to have a lot of wasted space. After using up the floor space, I'll (I think) have a lot of unusable space above Items on the floor....Thought about getting some plastic opaque storage bins and stack them..
Also, where do you guys store you dump hose...I couldn't believe Heartland expects us to store it in the basement.:(
And, how do you get your spare from under the trailer..I can't find a port to drop it..

Thanks for any help

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Some models, mine included, came with a small compartment on the side to store sewer hoses. I can fit a 15 foot and 10 foot RhinoFlex in mine. The alternatives are to use totes or hang a length of PVC pipe somewhere. BTW, RhinoFlex fittings will not fit in 4" PVC.

Stackable totes are the way to go in the basement. I prefer the clear ones with lockable lids, not too big, so I can see what's in them and move them easily. Screw eyes and hooks in the basement walls are good for hanging small items. Broom handle C-clips are also handy for putting brooms and poles out of the way.

Since we primarily use a seasonal site, I took a plastic patio box and configured it so that I could easily take it apart. I use carriage bolts and wing nuts to hold it together. Disassembled, it all fits in the basement floor. I keep our camp chairs and other paraphenalia in it, rather than fishing it out of the basement.

wingfoot

Some models, mine included, came with a small compartment on the side to store sewer hoses. I can fit a 15 foot and 10 foot RhinoFlex in mine. The alternatives are to use totes or hang a length of PVC pipe somewhere. BTW, RhinoFlex fittings will not fit in 4" PVC.
Stackable totes are the way to go in the basement. I prefer the clear ones with lockable lids, not too big, so I can see what's in them and move them easily. Screw eyes and hooks in the basement walls are good for hanging small items. Broom handle C-clips are also handy for putting brooms and poles out of the way.
QUOTE]

Thanks John...I looked at that small compartment you mention..My concern is, I don't think it has any holes to facilitate residual remaining water/waste left in the hose.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
As for the dump hoses...our '08 3600 RL has a small compartment, with a plastic door, in the aluminum wrap just below the water heater...that's where we store our hoses...I would think you're '08 would have the same thing....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That compartment is really not sealed, so any moisture left in the rinsed hoses should not be a problem. You could drill some small holes in the bottom, if you feel the need. The Rhinoflex set comes with caps for the fittings on both ends of the hose, so it's not a problem for me. At the end of the season, I can take them home, give them a thorough rinse in the backyard, let them dry and put them back. They get rinsed at the CG into the sewer when we're breaking camp at the end of the season, too.

caissiel

The first Pic is the basemeent storage and we are using Rough Necks and they realy slide well on the carpet. the second pic is the front storage and I found totes that were the right lenght to fit as shown. The front is the man's and the basement is shared

Attachments

• Heartland 002.jpg
    Heartland 002.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Heartland 004.jpg
    Heartland 004.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 59

wingfoot

Thanks again.

You've given me some Ideas...off to wally world to get some plastic storage bins...

Last edited: