3010 Sofa

mtworks

We are really liking the 3010 model, but has anyone removed the sofa and replaced it with recliners, or is it a structural part of the slide?
There are just the 2 of us, so the bed and the storage under it is not really needed.

porthole

Retired
The wrap around sofa will come out in multiple pieces. If you get one, drop a note and I'll tell you how to start removing it.
That's a lot of storage your giving up though.

We don't use the center section much, but it does have a collection of infrequently used items stored there. We do use the drawers under the ends all the time though. And IIRC, those drawers are no longer part of the couch assembly.

mtworks

If we did keep the sofa, is there enough floor space between the frig and sofa ( in front of the sliding glass door) to put a small reclining type of chair for one of us? We both are use to sitting in a small dinette booth in a truck camper, and don't want to upgrade to a more expensive rig only to have to sit again in a dinette booth.

Bikeon

We purchased a nice, leather, office chair that has several adjustments for height, back angle, arm rest adjustment and even a lumbar support. It sits nicely in front of the fixed side of the sliding door. I use a fold-up stool as a foot rest. When we are on the road with slides in, it gets moved to the open area between the couch and oven. I just tuck a throw rug around the wheels to keep it in place.

jimtoo

We purchased a nice, leather, office chair that has several adjustments for height, back angle, arm rest adjustment and even a lumbar support. It sits nicely in front of the fixed side of the sliding door. I use a fold-up stool as a foot rest. When we are on the road with slides in, it gets moved to the open area between the couch and oven. I just tuck a throw rug around the wheels to keep it in place.

Hi Bikeon,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Thanks for the info. on how you do yours. There are lots of different ways folks do things with furniture and the mods they make to their units and everyone shares. That's what makes the Heartland Owners Forum so good.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M