Road Warrior 405

toyhaulin

Hello, we just picked our 405 friday!! What an RV we are so happy. Looking forward to meeting other owners. First question I have is about a TV in the master bedroom over the dresser. I want to make sure I mount it right etc...don't want to go drilling before I know whats in that wall.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Congrads on the new 405. Patty and I want to welcome you to the HL Socal chapter. As far as the TV mounting goes. I would not use the outside wall. See if you can find a mount that will work on the side or bottom of the cabinet. You might contact HL service and ask them if or where the TV support is inside the cabinet. After you get the TV mounted make some straps or use some foam to keep it from shaking around when you travel. The best way to discribe an RV is "its a rolling earthquake".

BTW, what part of Menifee are you in?? We live in Murrieta. Thought I would throw this out to you. In October we are having a little get together at Lake Skinner. Its not an official rally.....but I could make it one. Its the weekend before Halloween (28th and 29th). Right now site #360 in the back row of campsite "C" is still open. There are also some open across from us. If you are interested, you can reserve a site online. This is the site map for CG "C". http://www.rivcoparksreservations.org/reservations/flash/flashreservations.asp?parkID=5&MapID=3

dwallace

Hi Guys, We have our TV mounted on the wall with noissues. We had it done at the dealer when we got our RW 405 in May. Yes doalways use a mount, and don't go cheap. You want it adjustable and the abilityto tighten it up if needed for the trip down the road. I think the type ofmount that used on the living room TV is the way to go, and that’s what we usein both places. It has straps for the additional security as needed. I stillhave to work out my ride quality pulling with a F350 Dually. But it's not so badthat I've had much of a problem with items relocating. I have a plannedsuspension mod in mind but that’s for another thread. One more thought, anadded plus on the wall as high as you can get it, keeps the crook out of yourneck while in bed watching movies. You will want to add speakers near the head of the bed so you won't have to turn it up so loud to here.

Happy Trails
Dan