Travel trailer cover question

flee27

I live in the Atlanta area and the trailer is stored outside, has some wind protection from trees and buildings that surround parking area

About two years ago i purchased an Adco SFS Aquashed cover. With in the first year the top material started to deteriate and the cover came apart. Adco replaced the cover under their 2 year warranty. The new cover is doing the same thing right around the 1 year mark.

I called Adco about the new cover and they are telling me that the warranty only covers 1 replacement reguardless of the time. They are offering to make me a custom cover for $800. (ouch) They are telling me this is half of the normal price. It has a 5 year warranty.

Does anyone have any experience with covers and could anyone recommend a good cover that will last longer. How much I want to spend on the front end depends on the life I will get out of the cover.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Foster lee

jpdoggett

And alot of RV'S that I know have had rubber roof problem because of the covers they rub against the roof. I don't have one cause at this time mine is stored inside. Good Luck

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We use a cover from CalMark. Spendy up front, but no problems after three years and the people are good to work with.

Kristy

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
I wish there was a cover for the front and the back for those of us fortunate enough to have at least a roof over our RV, but not closed in. Something like the protectors for the front of autos sometimes called the "bra". I sure would like to design one and who knows, it might just feed my retirement coming up.:eek:

Rodney_M

i tend to avoid using covers on any of my toys.. I had stored a 66 mustang I owned under a cover for around 1 1/2 years. I didnt have the garage space at the time to keep it inside. After removing the cover, you could see where the cover had worn off the paint in places. I ended up having to get a new paint job on the car.. I would have came out better leaving it uncovered. Ive not tried using one on any of my rv's. I currently have covered storage for it, however my experiences with using covers on several automobiles have resulted in similar outcome.

I wager though this might vary depending on where you live.. With all the winds in Oklahoma or when I lived in West Texas could have played into this. I would assume if it was kept in an area where the cover was tightly secured without alot of movement so it couldnt wear on the roof or paint, then it may do fine. luckily my covered storage close to the house only runs 70.00 a month for a 45 foot spot, and the facility has water/ air, and sewage dump available for their patrons. they used to also offer propane up until this past year.

MauriceM

What part of Georgia do you live in? If you live in a more temperate area where it rarely snows, then I wouldn't cover it. I'd just make sure you keep it clean throughout the winter and blow off any leaves or debris on the roof every couple of weeks or so. I don't think like covers on autos either because of the rubbing. I have one on my boat but the cover seems more durable and there is no paint to rub off, just fiberglass and metal.

Vtxkid

If wind is a major factor in your area, then I wouldn't cover it... I have had two trailers now and have covered both during the winter months with no problems thru the last 4 years +. Where were at in Virginia, the winds don't seem to get to agressive...

Sandpirate69

I have been using the ADCO Designer series for my toyhauler and haven't had any issues up to now with rubbing or causing any other issues. I also used one on my Jayco Toyhauler for just over a year and it held up great. I live down in S. Florida where it's constantly raining and then smoking hot, with about 75% humidity or higher on a daily basis. Not very windy here, only on stormy days. When i sold the Jayco & came into the Heartland Family I purchased another one for the fiver.

POCOHORSE

Troy & Tracy Chaddon
We've used an ADCO designer series cover on our North Trail for almost two years and love the results. The cover has torn in some places like at the gutters and the front marker lights but that's Oklahoma winds for you. The trailer is parked in an East/West orientation so the front takes in harsh afternoon sunlight. The front of the cover (white portion) is getting deteriorated so we will probably replace it this fall with another one. The trailer is always clean when we remove the cover and have had no problems with rubbing. The A/C unit keeps the cover from sitting directly on the roof and we keep damp-rid inside during the summer. No problems with bad smells or mustiness. We originally bought the cover to keep the graphics from fading and the cover has really performed. The ADCO has lots of straps that keep it from secure even in our strong winds. With the trailer cover and tire covers the trailer really looks like new. I would recommend the ADCO. We bought ours at Camping World.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
We have the Calmark...can't beat it; snug fitting; no flapping;easy entry while covered; yes spendy upfront cost, but BEATS the cheaper ones you find at CW.
Great people to work with!