M17 - AC leaking in heavy rain

limac

I just purchased an M17 and I am really impressed by everything about it. However, driving back home from my first camping trip we encountered very heavy rain with high wind. When I stopped an hour later, I realized that rain water had come in through the ac, the table, floor and furniture were wet. Was this just because of the intensity of the rain while I was driving or is there something I can do to stop it from happening again?

Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi limac,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The only thing I can think of right now is maybe the seal is not tight enough. Might remove the inner cover, in each corner is a bolt from inside to top unit. Might tighten these a little, they do not need to be super tight, but snug. Possibly water intrusion under the unit while driving.

Enjoy the forum and let us know what you find.

Jim M

limac

Jim, what a surprise I had when I realized that one of the three bolts was missing. This has to be the issue, right?

Thanks.

camr

Chalk another one up for Heartland manufacturing quality. Proper quality control would dictate obtaining the serial number from this customer, find out who was installing AC's that day, and inspect their work from this point on.

MarionSSS

My A/C also leaked while camping at Lake of the Ozarks State Park. We got caught in a torrential downpour and it was leaking through the unit. We have a 2009 M18 that we bought in September of 2009.

RonBB

Guppyman, I have had the A/C running on my 2010 M18 on & off for a few weeks in Warrensburg, MO just to the north of you. I have had much condensation forming on the plastic interior grate inside the unit on the inside of the trailer. I can' find any other problems that would account for this other than the extremely high temperatures (Mid 90's up to 106) & high humidity. Have you had anything like that? Ron