Edge M22 Shower

nodaks

About the only thing holding me back from buying an Edge M22, is THAT shower....any chance of a design change / upgrade to the shower/bathroom area in upcoming production years? Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi nodaks,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I have no idea about the shower, but maybe someone from the plant will jump in and give us an idea soon.

Meanwhile, enjoy the forum.

Jim M

M

Mcreech

I'm sorry to say that we have no plans of changing that shower at this time. You have to remember the Edge was designed to be a very light weight, compact Trailer with very agressive styling....One of the problems when designing something so specific is that usually their is an area that gets squeezed. And in the Edge floorplan, its usually always the bathroom. We figured that this is the area that you spend the least amount of time in, through out the day......I hope you decide in the end, that you can live with the small shower....Just remember all the good stuff you are getting with the edge.....

camr

Nodaks, We have the Edge M22, and I completely agree with you. However, when I take a look at the big picture, it's not that bad. In our instance, we camp at camp grounds with showers. In two years of camping we have not had to use the shower. The shower in the M22 is truly a shower of last resort, but absolutely everything else about the model is great. We really like the large slide that can sleep adults if required. And it pulls like a dream.
Ours has had no quality issues, but I am reading more and more posts regarding build quality of Heartland units. Inspect the unit carefully, especially caulking.
There is a disturbing number of posts relating to delaminating, and you can pretty well assume that the television and satellite cables will be either defective or hooked up wrong. This in itself may not be a bad thing. Heartland is doing it's part to support American society by hiring the otherwise unemployable, and giving them a pair of pliers and a roll of TV cable.
Best of luck shopping for a trailer. Cam

RonBB

I posted an idea several months ago that I think would help with the shower in both the M18 & M22 models. The idea is for Heartland to fabricate a shower curtain rod which extends about 4-6 inches out beyond the shower base. This would be much like the curtain rod in the newer & more modernized hotel/motel rooms. There is an aftermarket model available for the tub models but I haven't found one for shower bases where the curtain rod makes a 90 degree bend. This would allow shoulder room for those of us who are a bit bigger & bought the Edge models due to extra ceiling height among other reasons. How about it Mcreech? I'd certainly order one & your future customers would most likely appreciate the extra shoulder space as well. It keeps in line with a light weight item, takes no extra floorspace, adds usability, and the additional costs would be minimum. If you should decide to fabricate something like this please post on the forum so we will know about it. Thanks for your consideration. Ron

RonBB

Yellowreef, That is the unit I knew about. Does it work for a shower like in the M18 & M22? I have only seen it shown in a "tub" situation where there is no 90 degree bend. Did you put one in your M18? If so did you have to modify it to use it? Thanks for the post. Ron

Yellowreef

That product I posted is a shower curtain, not the rod. It has an embedded hard plastic piece around elbow height with a hook and string. You pull the string and hook it to the wall. It gives you plenty of room to move around without feeling claustrophobic. It has worked great for my M18.