Kitchen backsplash??????

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
Has anyone installed a tile backsplash behind the stove in their trailer. I have a 2011 3185 and my wife would like a backsplash. We looked at tile yesterday but the guy helping us said it might crack and fall off because of the movement in the trailer going down the road. Has anyone done it or is it even possible???

Rick

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rick, I think the tile guy is correct. I'm sure that the walls do flex while traveling. We used the plastic ceiling tiles on the walls behind the stove. They glue on and we have not had a problem with them coming loose for over a year now. They come in many colors.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You may even be able to find vinyl 4x4 backsplash tiles. Years ago, I did our first house kitchen backsplash with them. I would hesitate to use ceramic tiles in the trailer, though.

sdrubrecht

We installed tile on the bath floor, entry, and countertop and splash of our previous tt (sob). We first installed 1/4 inch cement backer board with sub-floor adhesive, then installed the tile with a latex modified thinset. The grout joints where the tile meets the trailer edge were done with a colored, sanded grout caulk that matched the grout used elsewhere. It held up for 15000 miles of hard use, no cracks.

Attachments

• 52911 012e.jpg
    52911 012e.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 64

Duramax1

I purchased a backsplash made of Lexan, which is a polycarbonate sheet. It is a very thin clear "plastic" sheet which I installed using the 3M sticker pads. It has worked quite well and the original wall paper is still visible.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We used pressed tin to make a backsplash. Here is the thread with pics:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/24910-New-backsplash?highlight=backsplash

Erika

jpdoggett

When we were at the factory in June It looked like they are putting a backsplash on the new ones. I have ask and they tell me I can order it from Heartland. You can call them at the phone number listed below, we can be reached Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm. Just ask to speak with a Heartland parts representative for your territory, be sure to have you VIN# ready and use Heartland Part# 75436 as a reference. The cost of the part is $43.68 plus shipping.
574-262-8030 ext 1115

IMG_7510.jpg

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have a friend who removed the mirrors from behind his kitchen counter in his Teton and tiled right to the luan wall board...looked absolutely beautiful and gave him no problem whatsoever with flex while traveling....

TxCowboy

Gonna chime in just because I'm spendthrift. OK, I'm cheap, OK? LOL

Found this recommendation elsewhere in the Heartland forums so I'll just pass it along.

I use the sink covers for the backsplash behind the stove. They're made of the same materials as the counters, look great, are easy to remove and wipe clean, and store back over the sink when it's time to hit the road.

Oh, and they came with the unit so they cost nothing extra.

Told ya I was cheap! :angel: