RM1350 Refrigerator

I have a 2010 Augusta. The fridge has not worked properly since we got the unit. Now Dometic is telling the shop the RM1350 does not vent properly in a slide out. They are saying they notified manufaturers not to put them in slides. I'm at the point I thinking of removing it and installing a home style fridge. Has anyone out there done this? This thing has been my worst nightmare!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
This is from an earlier thread.

Re: Dometic RM1350
Yours is like mine, in a slide. You do not have a top vent out of the coach. There are two vents on the back of the refer., outside. This setup does not allow hot air to escape as easily as the rooftop style. IMHO

Have someone pull the top vent cover off. Mine only had about 2'' of air space above a sheet metal flange that was blocking 3/4 of the opening on the back of the fridge. Apparently this directs the air up and out for a roof vent, but it doesn't work so well for the back vent style, such as we have.
The dealers' tech cut about 3 to 4 inches off of this sheet metal flange going across horizontaly to allow more hot air to flow out at the top. This seems to have done the trick, as mine seems to be staying quite a bit cooler for now. He said that another 3 or 4 inches could be cut off, if necessary, but It doesn't seem to be needed at this point.
Good luck, Trace

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Enolacamper, this refer has been a pain in the side for some owners. For others it has not been an issue.
Do a search on this forum for RM1350. You should pull up some ideas.
We are of the group that has one that works. Right now it is in the low 90's and being set on 4 the refer is at 35.
I did install a baffle in the back.

Peace
Dave

Tankie

I had the RM1350 and replaced it with a home fridge and it works great. Have about 10,000 miles with it in and will never go back to a rv style. There is a thred were I posted some pictures of what I installed. Good luck.