dual a/c question

Bobby A

I have a question that I never thought about until this evening while talking to a fellow camper in a SOB (Mobile Suites).

If you order a new coach with 2 a/c units, does the main a/c still duct in the bedroom ?? While talking to this fellow camper, he told me his main unit does NOT run into the bedroom. His bedroom a/c has ducts of there own just for the bedroom. I thought that was kinda crazy cause for those of us that are light sleepers I would not want that bedroom a/c on while I'm trying to sleep. If you had the main a/c duct into the bedroom at least you could get some cool air at night while sleeping. M I missing something hear !!

Puzzled

trvlrerik

In our Cyclone the main A/C does duct into the bedroom. If we turn the fan to low and adjust the ducts so the flow out of the bedroom ac goes straight out the fan noise is low enough we do not have to blast the tv. In our recent extreme heat I have found that the front a/c catches up around 10pm and does not run all night so it is not a problem for us.

gratton

No the main A/C has ducts in the bedroom. I have 2 vents in my bedroom from the main A/C. This way if you only have 30amp service you will still receive A/C in the bedroom. Or if it is not that hot you only need to use one A/C.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bobby, Yes, as others have said, I have a second a/c and my main a/c is ducted in the bedroom as well. Trace

Bobby A

No the main A/C has ducts in the bedroom. I have 2 vents in my bedroom from the main A/C. This way if you only have 30amp service you will still receive A/C in the bedroom. Or if it is not that hot you only need to use one A/C.

Well, I was hoping it was that way for exactly the reasons you've mentioned, not sure what that SOB was thinking.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well, I was hoping it was that way for exactly the reasons you've mentioned, not sure what that SOB was thinking.
I'd bet the Mobile Suites rigs come with the front A/C ducted for the bedroom only. I can't speak for their bedroom unit but the main A/C is barely audible when running. We have some friends in TX with one. Nice rigs but way out of my $$$ league.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not to steal the thread (maybe borrow it a little), but we've been discussing the possibility of adding a front A/C to our rig. Don't need to hang meat in the bedroom, just cool it off a bit better than the rear A/C does on muggy nights. Looking for suggestions on the model to look at. Which brand is more "maintenance free?"

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I'd bet the Mobile Suites rigs come with the front A/C ducted for the bedroom only. I can't speak for their bedroom unit but the main A/C is barely audible when running. We have some friends in TX with one. Nice rigs but way out of my $$$ league.

The reason why the main A/C is so quiet in Mobile and Elite Suites is because the return is ducted also.