New 3800 HD

adam

Just home with a new Cyclone 3800;

As our 2nd family 5th wheel it is such a great unit!
We compared it against the Recon by Jayco and the Fuzion by Keystone. Not to take away from those units - but its just that the Heartland had what we felt was overall higher build quality, it just seems like such a solid coach, compared to the 28.5' Grey Wolf we are coming out of.

We live in Ontario and while we would have loved to spend our hard earned money locally the 2 dealers with 3800's here in Ontario just couldn't come close to Lakeshore RV in Muskegon MI. They are a great dealership and have one of the most important qualities in sales ---- customer service supreme!

As far as the new trailer goes, it appears that there are only a couple of small thoughts/constructive ideas about it;

1. The ladder to the queen loft has round rungs and will need to be changed to flat steps - the kids don't seem to mind but it sure does hurt my feet!
2. On the 3800, the kitchen slide has a cabinet that goes over the counter-top, it appears that this is not completly solid - as it does move from side to side. The dealer said that it was ok. But just to be safe my wife has packed it with light items.
3. While we have just finished installing them, this coach should come with slide-covers and vent covers such as maxx-aire(etc) as standard from the factory. I certainly would have paid for them as factory options versus having the dealer do them locally.

Just my 2 cents worth......

This trailer pulls nicer then some of the smaller trailers that I have towed, we get lots of positive comments about it and are happy to join the ranks of Heartland owners around the country.

Adam Hunter and Family
St. George. Ontario.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Adam, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. Thanks for your comments. These posts are monitored by the brand managers at Heartland and I'm sure they will see your comments. Slide covers are a factory option and could have been ordered with a new trailer. I'm guessing you may have bought a rig off the lot or your dealer didn't cover all of the options with you.
Regarding the cabinet in the kitchen slide, maybe an owner with the same rig will reply with a similar situation. If it's still a concern and your dealer isn't making you comfortable with it, feel free to call Heartland Customer Service and discuss the problem. Be sure to have your VIN handy. Travel Safe!

porthole

Retired
When we had our factory tour of the Cyclone plant during the Goshen rally I had our tour guide take his shoes off and go up the ladder - I think he got the picture, maybe in the future this will be addressed.

I would like to see a 3800 with the front end of the 370 Ti
Love the larger shower and bed placement of the 370 Ti
Also add a small fridge to toy hauler area that is accessible from the outside...like the 3612
For me that would be the perfect 3800 Ti

bill40

When we had our factory tour of the Cyclone plant during the Goshen rally I had our tour guide take his shoes off and go up the ladder - I think he got the picture, maybe in the future this will be addressed.
And with just socks on you can slip.

gpshemi

I would like to see a 3800 with the front end of the 370 Ti
Love the larger shower and bed placement of the 370 Ti
Also add a small fridge to toy hauler area that is accessible from the outside...like the 3612
For me that would be the perfect 3800 Ti

That lil fridge is one of the best features of our 3612. I don't want to sacrafice storage for the new Ti floorplans, but towing better is cool. I really wish I had an outside kitchen! I half want to cut the back of the kitchen out and use the undercabinet space!

That lil fridge is one of the best features of our 3612. I don't want to sacrafice storage for the new Ti floorplans, but towing better is cool. I really wish I had an outside kitchen! I half want to cut the back of the kitchen out and use the undercabinet space!

I haven't been able to walk inside an actual 370 Ti....where is the storage loss?

For sure the basement is not a good place to lose storage.
Ok then...just give me the bigger bath and bed of the 370...little fridge of the 3612 and I will be golden.

zigzag3337

Good point about the round rungs on the ladder. We have the 3950 and I'm already trying to figure out a way to replace it.

I really think that they engineers that design these campers are not RVers. It looks good on paper, but doesn't work good or work efficient in the real world.

landshark

We just got out 3800 today and like it. We came out of a Raptor 361LEV. So we are pretty familiar with the working of a hauler.

I wouldn't replace your ladder but instead just add some Flat steps on top of the round ones. Radius the edges so you don't get splinters and glue and nail them at the correct angle when the ladder is down. They will be super strong since they are supported by the OEM rung and you retain the stowing of the OEM ladder when not in use.

OH and that mini fridge location was my tool box and air compressor spot. NO leaning over or running in and out to get a wrench.