42" Sharp TV

hutch62

Just bought a 2012 Bighorn 3185. Second day out on our first trip and the living room tv won't work. Had the red light and hit power button and the red light went off and nothing else happened. It seems to have no power. Have checked the plug in the back and changed outlets. Nothing worked. So now we are watching a 19" (not quite the same). Any ideas? I am on a 2 month vacation. Thanks for any help. MH new to the Bighorn family.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hutch, welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. The 3185 is a nice floor plan.
I don't know if I can help you with your problem but I would recommend you give Sharp a call and maybe they can help troubleshoot. You should find their number in your Sharp Owners Manual.
Have you reset your breakers? A different receptacle may be on the same circuit.
Also have you tried something else in the TV receptacle to confirm that one has power?
You don't want to watch a 19" TV for months.
When you get it working, get back to us and let us know how you did it.

Peace
Dave

hutch62

Thanks for the info. Tried all of that including calling Sharp. They had no troubleshoot answers and couldn't help unless we were at home. I read all the forms here to see if there were any answers but found nothing. Looks like it will be the 19" for awhile. I did appreciate the forums because I had no idea how to even take the tv out if needed. I did find that answer. Haven't tried it but hope it was correct. Thanks again. Hutch

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hutch, does the Sharp TV have a removable power cord? Try checking that connection at the rear of the TV.

Jimmy

Try pushing the "input button" a few times after you turn the power on, you may be surprised...

hutch62

I have tried everything suggested. There seems to be no power. I will just wait until we get home. Thanks for all the help. Hutch62

P

powerj

I have a bh32ti with the 42 sharp. How do we get the tv out?
Pleas and thanks.
jp

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Powerj, I don't know about your specific floor plan, but look for a wood trim strip at the front top of your TV. If you have one, remove the screws and trim piece. That trim secures the TV from coming up off its mount. Once you remove that trim the you should be able to raise the TV up and out.
Hope this helps

Peace
Dave

rebootsemi

Powerj, I don't know about your specific floor plan, but look for a wood trim strip at the front top of your TV. If you have one, remove the screws and trim piece. That trim secures the TV from coming up off its mount. Once you remove that trim the you should be able to raise the TV up and out.
Hope this helps

Peace
Dave

If your mount is anything like the one on our Sundance good luck. On mine you have to have a tamper-resistance 4 mm allen head bit with about a 6'' extension to get at the two locking screws that hold the tv locked to the mount. I had to read the directions a couple of times to figure out how to get it off the wall. Trust me those screws are not going back on. The Aquas got killed by the beautiful smooth roads in Calif last summer. The new tv gets taken down when in transit.