Tire Pressure Changes

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We picked up our BH 3055 after warranty work today and before leaving the dealership I installed my Tire Pressure Monitor. Started out with 90 lbs. and less that 10 miles later I ran a scan and the pressure had risen varying from 97 to 101 lbs. Anybody have any idea how much tire pressure changes. It wasn't overly warm and I was travelling about 55 MPH. Not sure what is "normal" as I have only tested cold. Just curious and will monitor..../Doug

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
These pressure changes are normal. I have been using the Pressure Pro for about a year and also find that in the times of year that the temperature varies a lot from day to night that you will have to air the tires during the early morning while it is at the lowest temperature of the day or during the overnight hours the pressure in the tires will get low enough to set off the low tire alarm.

Don

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I guess I'm curious, my trailer came with E rated , with a psi of 80lbs cold max. pressure. What rating is your tires? Did you replace originals?
The pressures will get higher when out on the road, thats the reason for checking cold. Ken

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Our tires are the Karrier Load Star and they are Load Range E and max is 90 lbs. Cold.../Doug

ct0218

That is the first set of E rated tires I have ever heard of with 90 psi. Chinese though, anything is possible!

Uncle Rog

Howdy, after using the Doran system on the truck for a couple of weeks, just to check it out, it is very important to air the tires when they are as cool as possible. I filled all the tires at approx 60F. at 50F they show on the display as 5# low and when driving for a while 5# high. What I found amazing was that at 99F the pressure was only negligibly higher, and that the sunny side of the truck when parked was 5# higher, and the BH parked at 99F was only 2# higher, curious!!

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
Uncle Rog,
I suspect that the increase in pressure that we are seeing (I have noticed the same as you) in due to the air molecules getting larger with increased temperature. These molecules can not expand as much at higher static pressures and therefore we experience less increase due to the higher static pressures. I hope this makes sense because on review I not sure whether you may have meant 60lbs and 99lbs when you say 60F and 99F. If this doesn't mahe sense, please disregard.

Uncle Rog

Rv, thanks, from what I remeber of physics that makes sense, I was referring to 60 / 99 degrees, we have had a couple of warm days lately...