PDA

View Full Version : FM External antenna missing.

JBallam
08-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Silly question. I see on the 2011 3494QBS that there is an external antenna on the road side of the camper. I have a 2012 3494QBS and there is no FM antenna. Was this simply overlooked? Or was this intentional? I found the FM connector behind the grill of the entertainment system. There is a T style antenna that probably came with the Jensen stereo. However, it was all wrapped up. Which explains my poor reception. Just looking at my options at this point.

bwwalczak
08-05-2011, 04:25 PM
The external antennas were removed earlier this year. The 2012 Big Country 3494QBS have the "wire" antenna. It is not supposed to be coiled up.

JBallam
08-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Hi Bryan,
Thanks for your update. I am going to see if I can run this wire behind the wall of the entertainment system down to the stereo. The antennea looks long enough to make it thru and have the top of T part stream across the top outside of the entertainment center(out of sight). Looks like the wall behind the entertainment center is open from top to bottom. I am going to try this out. Only one question before I try this is,where should the T style antenna be located/installed instead of coiled up? Thanks for your time in advance!