FM External antenna missing.

JBallam

Hi Silly question. I see on the 2011 3494QBS that there is an external antenna on the road side of the camper. I have a 2012 3494QBS and there is no FM antenna. Was this simply overlooked? Or was this intentional? I found the FM connector behind the grill of the entertainment system. There is a T style antenna that probably came with the Jensen stereo. However, it was all wrapped up. Which explains my poor reception. Just looking at my options at this point.

B

bwwalczak

The external antennas were removed earlier this year. The 2012 Big Country 3494QBS have the "wire" antenna. It is not supposed to be coiled up.

JBallam

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for your update. I am going to see if I can run this wire behind the wall of the entertainment system down to the stereo. The antennea looks long enough to make it thru and have the top of T part stream across the top outside of the entertainment center(out of sight). Looks like the wall behind the entertainment center is open from top to bottom. I am going to try this out. Only one question before I try this is,where should the T style antenna be located/installed instead of coiled up? Thanks for your time in advance!