MY RM 1350 Cooling Unit went bad last week and had to replace it

mikeandconnie

My RM1350 Cooling Unit went bad last week and had to replace it. Here is the systems. The controls where working and the cooling unit was heating up in the back but there was no cooling taking place inside the box. The temp was reading a steady 59 degrees.
I'm proud to say it was repaired under full Dometic warranty by a Mobil RV Repair.

brianharrison

Good to hear.

Can you provide any additional details on what caused the failure? If the controls are working, and the heater was working, what else is there to go wrong? Leak and reduction in system pressure?

Curious - I am......

Brian

mikeandconnie

I'm not sure what the cause was, the tech bypassed the mother board and ran it overnight, the next morning he said the cooling unit was bad. He told me some last forever and some last for a few years. He didn't know the cause of mine but was covered under the Dometic warranty.
We put are rig in storage 3 months ago and it was working fine, I picked it up last week and towed it 2500 miles before I turned the refrig on, every thing was running normal and the burner was hot, but the temp stayed at 59 deg and no ice.... I called the tech because it was under warranty. Dometic shipping took 4 days.
I think a leak or clog, I will try to find out more next week when I see the tech in the park.