Ford F350 Dually Diesel and BC 3595 RE

MaYoKy

I am now finally posting here since I have heard so many different opinions, we have a Ford F350 (2008) dually Diesel, and plan on buying a Big Country 3595 RE, now here is the question is the F350 going to be able to pull the fifth wheel? The RV Dealer said YES, a Ford Dealer (not the one where we bought the car) said no.. It would surprise me if that is true... the truck looks like it can pull almost everything..

Did the Ford Dealer just try to sell us a F450??? Or do we have to go smaller in the fifth wheel?

lwmcguir

Check the Ford web site and you will find you can pull it safely and very easily. Many folks tow the same BC with 3/4 tons and get along very well. Making sure the Coach brakes work is the primary item.

PUG

Pug
my dodge 3500 can without a burp and my old chev 2500 could but i dont know if fords can or not

jnbhobe

The dealer wants to trick you into a new truck!! I don't know exact numbers but your dually can handle a combination weight of over 24K at the least.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depends. What engine did they put in that "Ford-tough" thing? My brother in law bought a new F-250 and they stuck a 5.4L gasser in it. What a joke. He can barely pull their old 25' Golden Falcon past a gas station with it. Don't know why he bought it, neither does he.

OK, jibes aside, a 350/3500 dually diesel anything can pull and stop anything that Heartland makes.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I pulled a 40 foot Alfa Gold and this Landmark with our 99 F350 SRW 7.3 and and now pulling the Landmark with the 2010 Ford F350 DRW. To answer you question, yes you can pull the Big Horn with the F350.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
I have a 2009 F-350 and I have spent the last 3 years towing a 16,000lbs Big Horn and now have a Landmark. NO PROBLEM ! Go enjoy................

busted2341

I have an '11 F350 SRW and it pulls that 3595RE great. And we love the trailer as well....Very well balanced. Best pulling trailer I have had...

noobee

To really make sure, check the weight limits on both the 5er & TV to ensure that you'll be within limits.

CS

jpdoggett

I am now finally posting here since I have heard so many different opinions, we have a Ford F350 (2008) dually Diesel, and plan on buying a Big Country 3595 RE, now here is the question is the F350 going to be able to pull the fifth wheel? The RV Dealer said YES, a Ford Dealer (not the one where we bought the car) said no.. It would surprise me if that is true... the truck looks like it can pull almost everything..

Did the Ford Dealer just try to sell us a F450??? Or do we have to go smaller in the fifth wheel?

Yes the Ford dealer is just trying to sell you a new truck, I pull a Landmark Augusta with a 2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab and it is a DRW and it pulls just fine

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
You should be fine. We pull our 2012 BC 3650 with a Dodge Diesel 3500 single rear wheel without any problems.