Is a slider hitch needed for a 2011 F-350 SB

BHEWITTJR

I'm in the market for a new truck and found one I like but it's a short bed. It's a 2011 F-350 CC 4x4, and would be towing a BH. I've never owned a sb before and don't know if I would need a slider hitch or not. Anyone with a new Ford sb that can tell me what hitch they use would be a big help.

ntoport

I have a 2011 F350 sb, cc. towing a 3585. The saleman told me with the 88* turning raid. I could use a standard hitch. Well, I hooked up and tried to get the 88*, could only get to about 80*. Nobody believed me until I showed them. Next step was to have them install the Pullrite Slider. So to answer your question I needed the SLIDER. Down side of the slider type is you can only hook and unhook within a 10* area.(left and right)

Geodude

I have a 2011 F-350 SB and I installed a slider. I've used it once just to see how it works, but have never really needed it. I am sure the day will come where I need it and until then it's just something to have, just in case.

jnbhobe

I'm in the market for a new truck and found one I like but it's a short bed. It's a 2011 F-350 CC 4x4, and would be towing a BH. I've never owned a sb before and don't know if I would need a slider hitch or not. Anyone with a new Ford sb that can tell me what hitch they use would be a big help.

I have an 18K Super-Glide for sale if your interested PM me.

lwmcguir

The only thing we had to watch with our SB Fords was the inbed tool box on an angle. Otherwise you can turn sharp enough to bend the shackles if you want to.

Rodney_M

I have a sb ford f250 and went ahead and purchased the slide as a just in case. Imo it is worth the extra to have it if you need it than to need it and not. Also on a future 5th wheel that you may purchase or need to pull that doesn't have heartland 88 degree corners then you don't need to modify your hitch. It would allow you to still have room.