Tire Minders/Air Pressure Management

Sandpirate69

Can someone help out with this. I have seen several systems for the Tire Minders or Air Pressure Monitors. I'm not looking for the ones you install the sensor inside. I know a few people that have had problems with those & it's frustrating to drive with a sensor saying its losing air when its not. If anyone out there is using a system they are happy with, send me some info. I need one that can monitor my truck as well as my 5th 2X axles.

Thanks,:)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Can someone help out with this. I have seen several systems for the Tire Minders or Air Pressure Monitors. I'm not looking for the ones you install the sensor inside. I know a few people that have had problems with those & it's frustrating to drive with a sensor saying its losing air when its not. If anyone out there is using a system they are happy with, send me some info. I need one that can monitor my truck as well as my 5th 2X axles.

Thanks,:)

i have the Doran RV and the sensors mount on the valve stem. I like it.

GOTTOYS

I have a TST 507 system. Lots of people have had good luck with them. I'm not one of them. This time it dropped a sensor from my trailer and won't monitor it and tries to monitor a sensor on my truck that has never been there. The Customer Service has been good but kind of slow..This is my 3rd monitor in a year and it's never worked to my 100% satisfaction. Drops sensors while going down the road at times or takes forever to come on. I think I'm going to try a Pressure Pro. I really like the benefits of having a system, just maybe not this system...Don

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am just the opposite of Don. I had the Pressure Pro and just went with the TST system. I will say though that the Pressure Pro did save me twice.
They must be like the GPS that we all use. Like one brand and not the other, but they all work.
Don, did you use the repeater antenna? It made a big difference for me.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

I use the TST 510 system. It has always worked fine for me. Only way I would change at the moment would be to find a system made in the U.S.A.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
TST 507 here as well. Initially I had a malfunctioning sensor. It was alarming before the limits I set. TST replaced it without question. Since it has been replaced, no issues at all.
Pros, Small receiver, temperature sensing ability, good customer service.
Cons. None yet.

Regarding your question of the sensor inside the tire. Aren't those mainly the type supplied by the auto or truck manufacturer? I've never heard any comments for those as after market units.

Sandpirate69

Ok, I guess the correct question is should I change the Valve Stems on my rig's rims from rubber to Steel or Metal? I have the factory sensors on my truck, which are inside the rims.

GOTTOYS

Ok, I guess the correct question is should I change the Valve Stems on my rig's rims from rubber to Steel or Metal? I have the factory sensors on my truck, which are inside the rims.
Yes. The rubber valve stems can flex and cause a leak. I would use a metal valve stem on anything that requires a higher pressure whether using a TPMS or not. If I remember correctly they were recommended with my monitoring system...Don

porthole

Retired
I think you should but with the 2011 Ford you can't because the factory TPMS sensors are part of the stem.

Unless you have a DRW - not equipped with internal sensors.

Yes. The rubber valve stems can flex and cause a leak. I would use a metal valve stem on anything that requires a higher pressure whether using a TPMS or not. If I remember correctly they were recommended with my monitoring system...Don

Metal stems are recommended - that said, I used them on my GMC and trailer with original rubber & metal stems with no problems.(all stems have some amount of metal in them).

I have the TST system, and even with an issue of valve stem to sensor seizing I am quite pleased with both the product and the service received form our vendor here, Always Shiny Wheels and Tires.

Sandpirate69

Ok, thanks for all the responses. I was lucky enough a week ago that a Trucker , who i let in an a busy highway, saw one of my tires looking a bit low and signaled me. So, that being said. I just ordered a set of the TST 507's. As I have said in the past, this has got to be the BEST FORUM i belong to. I wish some of the Hunting Forums I belong to were this informative.

THANKS,