Running wire for back up camera - ideas?

ntoport

I have a 3585 bh and just bought......its in the mail.....a wired back up camera. Question is has anyone ever installed one? They say the best spot is above the rear window. How hard is it going to be to run the wire down to the fame? Where there is a will there is a way, just thought I would see if anybody has the way before I really get into it. I have only had the unit since May of this year, althought my dealer has had it most of that time for one reason or another. You see thats why I don't play the lotto.:D

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: back up camera

I have installed a wired backup camera on both of our Bighorns. I took off the top left and center clearance lights in the rear. I also removed the tail lights on that side.
I drilled a hole above the window and was able to fish the camera wire down to the belly. Or rather I fished it up from the belly. Running the wire to the front was as easy as removing the screws that hold the belly on one side.
I have some pics and will post them later.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Here are the pics as promised.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• DSC03331.JPG
    DSC03331.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC03317.JPG
    DSC03317.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC03307.JPG
    DSC03307.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC03303.JPG
    DSC03303.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC03302.JPG
    DSC03302.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC04237.JPG
    DSC04237.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC03333.JPG
    DSC03333.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 103

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Dave, not to side bar the OP, but I just had to say that my son is living in Slinger, WI. He is the Athletic Trainer at the high school there.

LBallard

Dave,
Did you purchase a kit? If so, would you furnish the details, i.e. where, how much, etc.
Lin