Loft Mattress

mbolton

What type of mattress comes standard in the loft? Our camper is a Cyclone 3795, and I don't know if there are lofts in other campers, but there is not a lot of room up there. When we purchased the unit, the mattress was gone and I need to replace it. What should I replace it with?

anjinsan

JasonShrout

I'm getting to this thread a bit late. Did the futon mattress leave them enough room to move around? I was going to ask if anyone could suggest a good foam one for my 12yr old boys, and teenage daughter. I just don't want them getting the back problems that I have. We will be full-timing it for at least 4 years, so I'm trying to make the best of it for everyone. Thanks!

JasonShrout

We finally bought our 3950 on the 10th of this month. The futon idea for the happy jack bed fits the bill and actually costs less than the standard foam from Indiana. We're still having a problem finding replacements for the double loft though. We will be leaving soon and the shipping costs as much as the bedding from heartland. Any suggestions? As we are full timing, I'd like it to be comfortable for my 12 yr old boys. Thanks!

JasonShrout

I just wanted to thank you for your recommendation. We bought the queen size for the happi jak and weighed in at 77 lbs. The max says 300 lbs, but the tech said it was more like 250. It doesn't fit perfectly, but that's a good thing as it allows room for our daughter to lay her assorted electronics. Now, I have to figure a way to route 110v around that area.

Has anyone tried to drill holes or reposition the stops for the loft in the garage?