Heading out on first trip this coming weekend

jbeletti

Well, we spent our first night of the season in the RV on Friday. Nancy had a wedding to attend on Saturday so I spent the entire day cleaning the inside.

Cleaned the walls, ceiling, woodwork, floors light fixtures, mirrors, windows and appliances with a mild solution. Then I used a microfiber towel to rewipe all the glass to make it spot free.

By 8 pm, I had the carpets shampooed. Fun-fun :eek:

Guess the outside will have to wait until a future weekend.

We're heading out next weekend on our first of only a few planned. Heading to the Wisconsin Dells KOA to help with their Spring Cleanup. Two people, 2 rakes, 2 hours for 2 nights free. Works for me. :D

Jim

DaleR

"Hi Jim"
Have a safe trip, and if you have time come by my place and show me how to clean my rig. (Ha) Have a good time.
Packer

Cheryl

We're thinking of going to the Dells, but can't go until the summer. Any suggestions on must sees there?

jbeletti

Ha ha Packer :D Seriously though, I recommend shampooing the carpets once a season. We do it in the spring and it it quick and turns out great. Carpets in RVs get so filthy. But they sure are nice to have. Quiet, warm etc.

Cheryl,

The Dells is a lot of fun if you have kids. Bring a big bank roll though. Many water parks, amusement parks etc. Our ids are older but some of them still like to come in to stay with us in August. We're getting them a Kabin at the KOA this year as the tent thing was not so fun last year when it rained.

We go up in April/May for the KOA cleanup as it's a good chance to use the rig at the beginning of the season to test all systems (truck and trailer). And free camping for 2 hours of exercise is nice too.

We don't stay a lot of KOAs but this is a really nice one and we looked at all the CGs in the Dells and stayed at a couple of others.

Country Roads is a nice CG in the Dells. They cater to adults, but you can bring well-behaved children. We elect to not risk it and take the kids (teens and older) to the KOA.

Be well,

Jim

Cheryl

My sons will be 22 and 24 this summer. Both have full time jobs - the oldest is a cop. They don't go with us anymore. I was leaning toward the Sherwood Forest campground. It has very good reviews on http://rvparkreviews.com/.
We also are thinking of visiting the Apostle Islands while up there. Have you been there? And of course, a small side trip to the Mall of America - our "honary" son (he's 23) is getting married in August and I need a "mother of the groom" dress.