Exterior Antenna

Westwind

I was walking around my 2012 Bighorn 3070RL yesterday looking for the location of the exterior black antenna for the radio. Couldn't find it. I just finished looking through the catalog that I have and it shows the antenna. Was it eliminated? Have any of you who had 2011 have the short black exterior antenna?

GOTTOYS

I read somewhere that they eliminated the outside antenna just recently and went to one on the inside that is like a wire behind the entertainment cabinet somewhere...Don

Use the TV antenna instead of those other's, you'll be able to listen to something. I have a 2011 stubby black that doesn't really receive anything!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Use the TV antenna instead of those other's, you'll be able to listen to something. I have a 2011 stubby black that doesn't really receive anything!

Same here. The antenna and the Samsung receiver also used two different connector types, so somebody took a RCA style pin connector and spliced it with tape onto a short section of coax. A 75-ohm splitter and a section of cable and the radio works. I did put a 90-deg. cable adapter on the Samsung so I didn't have to bend the beejeebers out of the cable to connect it and shove the receiver back into the cabinet.

Sandpirate69

I'm not sure about the 2012, but my 2011 has that 1985 black short antenna. So far mine works, but i would like to change it to a stainless 24" which is usually the norm.

Urban350

My 2011 has trhe short black antenna that I think is good for nothing and I am also looking to replace it.