Problems with 26RKS

Ruju

We purchased a 2011 26RKS this spring - our third camper over the years - loved the storage and the interior, especially the kitchen. However, we have had many small problems and wondering if anyone else has had problems like ours - our kitchen sink is leaking (have had it back to the dealer once already), the overhead cabinet doors are breaking (come off the hinge when closing), the screws in the shower stall are rusting, several pieces of loose trim and the AC vent to the sleeping area has little to no airflow and there is only one vent in the bedroom. We had many other little issues that were quickly repaired by the dealer shortly after our first outing (with the exception of the sink), but this is only our third trip out and we have added these to the list making us wonder if we got a bad unit. Our initial list to the dealer had 18 items on it...now we have about 7 more. Has anyone else had any issues with this or other 2011 models???

jimtoo

Hi Ruju,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

It seems like everyone has a few problems to start with,, usually not nothing serious, but annoying. Is the sink leaking at the drain or around the top edge where it is sealed to the counter? If it is leaking at the drain, you might check to make sure the rubber seal is under the sink drain (under the counter where the drain pipe hooks up) and not on the top, in the sink under the basket of the drain. There were some problems with the gasket in the wrong place for a while.

Keep us informed as to the results and how things go with your new North Trail. Work with your dealer and I think things will work good for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Ruju

When we first found the leak my husband applied silicone around the sink and tightened the drain area which was unsuccessful. After he tried this we took it to the dealer and they had the unit for about a month (from June5th til after the 4th of July) - this was on the list and they said they fixed it...this last trip, however, we found leaking water again which appears to be coming from the faucet area - it does not leak onto the counter, just from below. We need to take the unit in again to have other items repaired that have popped up but want to get SOME use from our camper this year.....it is very frustrating......I Know the problems we have had seem minor, but now we are having some electrical problems.....I am hoping you are right and that things work out for us!

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
A good thing to do is just look around the North Trail section of the forum here and you can see posts from owners who have had problems or no problems. I joined the forum for help and advice myself, and it has been very useful.

olyfire

Sorry for the problems. When you first start having problems it seems like you will never get them all fixed. We had a number of problems. The worst being the large slide mechanism had to be replaced plus some plumbing leaks, TV leads that didn't work and a number of smaller problems. Now just over a year everything is fixed and working well. Don't get discouraged you have a good trailer. We really like ours and it gets lots of usage.
I do wish Heartland had a little better quality control before delivery.
Heartland customer service has been excellent to work with.

Ruju

Thanks for your reply! I feel better knowing that everything finally worked out.....if there is one bad unit of out 1000, we would be the ones to 'find' it! I only wish we had the same luck with the lottery!! We have decided to work through the problems and keep the camper til fall and then take it in so we don't have to miss any more camping weekends. The last of our 5 goes to college the end of the month and this is our first fall in about 12 years that we haven't had boys playing football games every weekend - for a while we had 4 playing at once - two at different colleges and two in high school! We are ready to enjoy a fall camping trip! Thanks again for your help and encouragement! Russ and Julie

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Thanks for your reply! I feel better knowing that everything finally worked out.....if there is one bad unit of out 1000, we would be the ones to 'find' it! I only wish we had the same luck with the lottery!!
Oh man, that is so us too! That's what we have been saying since we bought this trailer!

goducks11

We had the same problem with our overhead doors also. I never took it back for them to fix. I just put some superglue on the plastic insert and push it back in the door. Once done they stay forever. We have one pop out about every other trip. We had a problem with our dining table. It was cracked on the top. Poor laminating process. The dealer had to order 3 tables because Heartland kept sending defective tables or tables with the wrong stain color.We ended up getting a better table than what came with the TT, so that was nice. I just had to get my TT's axles realigned as they were bent, causing the right front tire to wear on the outside. The guy that did the repairs said that the axles were kinda soft. Meaning that either the material was thin or not hard enough. Not blaming Heartland on that one since who knows where they got bent. And Heartland doesn't make the axles and neither does Lippert who makes the frame. Other than thoses things, some of which are not all that bad we have been really happy with our TT. We have had it since last october and have been out around 30 nights in it. Everything always works when we go camping. Keeping fingers crossed. FWIW, we have a 2011 26LRSS.