ATF: MPG - MPG 180 concave section on roof behind aircon

Dave_g

Hello,

We purchased a 2012 MPG 180 less than two weeks ago.

Standing on a ladder next to the trailer I have noticed that there is a concave depression in a section of roof behind the air con. Is this normal?

The dometic air con manual states that there should not be a depression like this in the mounting surface, as it is likely to cause pooling of water and leaking.

Our dealer is around 600km away, so I can't get back to show it to them any
time soon.

Thanks for any info.

Dave

jimtoo

Hi Dave-g,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You might post a picture of the area with a long level or board lying across the depression so that everyone could see just how big or bad it is. Myself, not having looked at the roof of an MPG, I have not idea.
Please let us know what happens.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Dave_g

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I have just taken some photos and will post them as soon as I am able - currently as a new user I cannot create attachments.

Regards,

Dave

jimtoo

OK Dave,,, you should be able to post them now... I think... this is the second post.

Jim M

Dave_g

Someone at Heartland emailed me a few days ago, I sent him these photos but have not heard back with their answer yet.

I'm at work and just downloaded a Dometic RV air
Con manual - not 100% certain it is the manual for the exact model I have, but the drawing in the manual looks right. In the manual in bold letters it says:

"CAUTION
It is the responsibility of the installer of this air conditioner/heat pump system to ensure structural integrity of the RV roof. Never create a low spot on the roof where water will collect. Water standing around the air conditioner/heat pump may leak into the interior causing damage to the product and the RV".

Dave_g

Heartland got back to me and confirmed that the dip in my roof is not normal.

They want me to take it back to a dealer so they can install a 1.5 x 14 inch "backer" under the air con to provide structure.