Repaired water leak today

jbeletti

I had a water leak to fix this weekend when we officially opened up the trailer for the season.

My kitchen sink drain, after the p-trap connects to what is it, a vacuum breaker thingy?? Anyway, the bottom of that thing transitions into flex tubing since my sink (early Mt. Rushmore) is in a slide-out.

Early in my first year, when my sink was draining slowly, I found a kink in the mega-duty, not too flexible original flex hose. When the repair guy replaced the hose with one that was more flexible, he used black ABS cement to hold the smooth barbed-end of the flex hose into the PVC end of the breaker thing. It held for 2 years. All I could think to do was get a replacement coupling and re-cement it. Holding so far.

If it fails later this season, I'll need to figure out what the proper repair should be.

Jim

ct0218

That should work. Old cement, open time after application too long, sloppy job applying cement, contaminated fitting--anything could have caused the problem. Only time will tell. You might want to accumulate everything needed for a fix and store it away, just in case!