Please move the outdoor AC Receptacle!

Ruju

We have a 2011 26RKS - the outdoor electrical outlets are located by the entrance door....when you have the door open and latched to the camper you cannot use the outlets! We either have to unplug what we have plugged in or keep the door shut. Probably something you wouldn't notice unless you went to use the unit.

jpajax

Re: suggestion..

I think I have seen drop cords that have a 90* male end that you could use so it want get into the door. Also you can put a longer latch that holds the door back so it will have more room between the door and camper wall.

Jimmy

Yes. they make a "3-way" splitter with a 90 degree male plug on it. Home Depot...

Ruju

We tried the 90 degree adaptor but still would not work due to the cover of the outlet still being in the way (the outlet cover does not go all the way up when opened). Will probably have to get a longer latch for the door to make room for the outlet cover when in use....would have been nice not to spend the extra time and money if the factory would have caught this....for 25k+ I hate having to pay even more for what I feel are factory neglected items. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

archbarb

We had a 2009 26RKS and I agree it was difficult to use that outlet. If I worked the door, coverplate and cord all at the same time, I could get it plugged in and still use the door holder. I wasn't able to use a large gauge extension cord but a 16 gauge seemed to work!!!!!.

Archie!!!!!

Ruju

We had a 2009 26RKS and I agree it was difficult to use that outlet. If I worked the door, coverplate and cord all at the same time, I could get it plugged in and still use the door holder. I wasn't able to use a large gauge extension cord but a 16 gauge seemed to work!!!!!.

Archie!!!!!

Hi Archie - Did you run into a lot of problems with your 26RKS? We purchased our 2011 this May and used it the first time over Memorial Day - after our 5 day trip we had a list of 18 items that had to be fixed so it went to the dealer and we didn't get it back until after July 4th. This past week we had it out for a week and have another list of about 10 items that need fixing....we are wondering if we got a bad unit and are just about ready to walk away from it (if possible).....the dealer has had it more than we have! Some of our problems....the cabinet doors above the sofa come off the hinges when closed, loose trim, leaking sink, the light above the stove had a hole burned in the cover, the shower door was warped and the screws are already rusting, the door to the bathroom was warped, the 'touch screen' radio/DVD does not work properly, the trim by the awning had a gap in it so water from the AC dripped straight into the outside outlet, the bike rack frame is bent and missing a support on the bottom, the AC vents in the hallway outside the bathroom door and in the bedroom area do not work (even when the larger vents on the main unit in the living area are closed), drawers come open during transit, the antenna does not rotate, problems with the holding tank draining.........and that is just SOME of the problems!!! Any of these with your unit?? We changed campers because our kids no longer go with us camping and we had no use for the bunkbeds and wanted a smaller/lighter unit....never had any problems with the old unit (a Dutchmen). I appreciate your feedback!!! Thanks!!

archbarb

I'm sorry to hear of your problems with your 26RKS. During the 1 1/2 years we had ours I can honestly say the only problem we had was a warped dinette table. I called Heartland Customer Service and they had a new one on my front porch in about three days.

I would strongly encourage you to get in contact with Heartland Customer Service and tell them about your issues and see what direction they give you!!!!!

Archie

Ruju

I'm sorry to hear of your problems with your 26RKS. During the 1 1/2 years we had ours I can honestly say the only problem we had was a warped dinette table. I called Heartland Customer Service and they had a new one on my front porch in about three days.

I would strongly encourage you to get in contact with Heartland Customer Service and tell them about your issues and see what direction they give you!!!!!

Archie

Thanks for the advice, Archie! I will give them a call! Take Care!!