Bedroom TV cabinet

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
:confused: Hey! Ya'll. We are going to order our 2008 Big Horn 3055 in the next month. We're just thinking ahead on a few things. What are the measurements for the TV cabinet in the bedroom (H x W x D)? What is the largest TV that we can fit there?
Thanks.
Betty & Harry

LeeM

HappyCamper
TV Size

There are different measurements for the 19" tv's. Be sure to measure the cabinet size first.

Two Hands

When we bought our 2007 Bighorn 3055RL we made a bad mistake about the bedroom television. We bought the biggest we could fit in the space and the dealer installed it at no charge. Sounds good until the first time we used it. The antenna booster switch was behind and along side the tv. There was not enough space to reach in to change the switch. I spent much wasted time standing on a stool and using a flashlight and flat wooden spoon trying to reach that button. I just got a much smaller tv to install this weekend.

Shadowchek

I got a 19" with a built in dvd player and mounted it on a arm so I can pull it out to activate the antena booster or load dvd's. It is strong. I mounted it to the side wall of the cabinet so all of the mounting bolts and washers are hidden. After measuring a lot of little tv's I found that 19"was my max once I got it in I realized it was big enough. All the 19" Lcd's I Measured would fit. Best to be careful Like LeeM says though.

Greg

Attachments

• dcp_0196.jpg
    dcp_0196.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 17
  • dcp_0197.jpg
    dcp_0197.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 16
  • dcp_0198.jpg
    dcp_0198.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Shadowchek

When we bought our 2007 Bighorn 3055RL we made a bad mistake about the bedroom television. We bought the biggest we could fit in the space and the dealer installed it at no charge. Sounds good until the first time we used it. The antenna booster switch was behind and along side the tv. There was not enough space to reach in to change the switch. I spent much wasted time standing on a stool and using a flashlight and flat wooden spoon trying to reach that button. I just got a much smaller tv to install this weekend.

Your mistake was you should have used a wet metal spoon to make it more interesting and easy to find.No really that sucks did you consider relocating your antenna booster switch to inside the cabinet or closet.Just a thought

Greg

Two Hands

I thought about moving the switch, but not for too long. I don't know one end of a screw driver from the other. I also wanted an ac/dc television in this spot. I bought a 15" Skyworth LCD television/monitor with built in DVD player. My wife is not impressed by the picture quality or the sound, but it seems okay to me.

Craig and Debbie congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the forum!